Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with John Parris Ultimate numbering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with John Parris Ultimate numbering.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I would like some help in dating a couple of John Parris Ultimate cues that I have seen recently. I had one made (number 944) about 11 years ago I think but may be wrong.........and I seem to remember that when Hendry broke his cue back in 2003 the cues that Parris made for him were numbered in the high 700s..........so that would date 800 - 1000 around 2003/4.

Ultimate numbers 800 - 1000
    Ultimate numbers 1000- 1200
    Ultimate numbers 1200 - 1400
    Ultimate numbers 1400 - 1600
    Ultimate numbers 1600 - 1800
    Ultimate numbers 1800 - 2000
    Ultimate numbers 2000 - 2200
    Ultimate numbers 2200 - 2400
    Ultimate numbers 2400 - 2600

If you have ever bought an Ultimate then please can you let me know the number and date so that I can have an idea of how to more accurately date them? I am guessing that Parris has been making around 200 Ultimates per year?

Thanks
    Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

PM master blaster, he knows all there is to know.

Comment

As above ^^ wait for the master to log in.

Comment

well I've got number one,I use it for stoking the fire!

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
          I am guessing that Parris has been making around 200 Ultimates per year?

Thanks
          Oldgit
          That's a large amount of 20 year old personal stock of air dried ash to keep somewhere

Comment

It might be easier and more accurate to ask John.

Comment

More like 100 a year. From around 2200 in 2011 to 2500 in 2015.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                PM master blaster, he knows all there is to know.

I thought the exact same thing!!

I reckon if we wait a week he will have a phone call from JP himself outlining the exact date/time and customer details that each ultimate was delivered to as well!!
                If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                  Sorry if this has been asked before but I would like some help in dating a couple of John Parris Ultimate cues that I have seen recently. I had one made (number 944) about 11 years ago I think but may be wrong.........and I seem to remember that when Hendry broke his cue back in 2003 the cues that Parris made for him were numbered in the high 700s..........so that would date 800 - 1000 around 2003/4.

Ultimate numbers 800 - 1000
                  Ultimate numbers 1000- 1200
                  Ultimate numbers 1200 - 1400
                  Ultimate numbers 1400 - 1600
                  Ultimate numbers 1600 - 1800
                  Ultimate numbers 1800 - 2000
                  Ultimate numbers 2000 - 2200
                  Ultimate numbers 2200 - 2400
                  Ultimate numbers 2400 - 2600

If you have ever bought an Ultimate then please can you let me know the number and date so that I can have an idea of how to more accurately date them? I am guessing that Parris has been making around 200 Ultimates per year?

Thanks
                  Oldgit
                  Why would you want to date a couple of JPUs? They're timeless......................

As long as they're not damaged, they'll be hitting the ball as sweet as a nut in a hundred years. You could call Parris Cues but it may be better to email them the two numbers and wait for them to investigate as they're gonna be very busy with paying customers if the waiting list time is indicative.
                  Last edited by Master Blaster; 2 June 2015, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Ronnie's #1500 was ready for the 2009 masters, mine is around 2500 so that's roughly 1000 in 6 years. But as said before, just give John a call he is a nice guy.
                    Last edited by svendh; 2 June 2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
                      Ronnie's #1500 was ready for the 2009 masters, mine is around 2500 so that's roughly 1000 in 6 years. But as said before, just give John a call he is a nice guy.
                      I have an image copy of a JP receipt with JP writing saying made for ROS (a batch of 4) and the cue was 1400 made in Sept 09.
                      When at home will post the image if you like
                      Last edited by DeanH; 2 June 2015, 09:11 PM.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Can't beat your knowledge dean, but wasn't he playing with the new cue at the masters 2009?

Comment

just saying that one of four made for ROS was 1400 but was rejected by ROS and sold on by JP
                          I recall that one of the others rejected was 13## but not 1399, 1398, etc
                          Not sure of the number he accepted and played with.
                          The OP was alluding to the rate of numbers per year and from my records the rate of JPU per year has "exponentially" increased since around 2010.
                          Not really done a calculation but it is a big jump.
                          may have a look when I have a mo

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            just saying that one of four made for ROS was 1400 but was rejected by ROS and sold on by JP
                            The OP was alluding to the rate of numbers per year and from my records the rate of JPU per year has "exponentially" increased since around 2010.
                            didnt the number increase when he started using kiln dried wood instead of air dried???

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                              Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              didnt the number increase when he started using kiln dried wood instead of air dried???
                              boom boom

Comment

Working...
                              X