Bog wood v. Air dried ash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
    I was joking Ramon and trying to make the same point as you have albeit shorter!

I was hoping for some solid evidence that someone's game improved from just switching to an air dried ash cue and not from extra practice. Ridiculous of course, so I will stick to making big breaks with my clunky Thai cue!
    Yep same here with my Thai cue.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
      The dream team - Andy C and a TW cue..........heaven.
      might let you have the other one

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        I am getting confused with Aurora

Are they still taking orders /taking cues ??

Is Richard .....Airin ????

Last i heard was that they didn't complete orders for cues .

We need Sherlock Holmes on this one !
        im starting to think MB is aurora

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          I am getting confused with Aurora

Are they still taking orders /taking cues ??

Is Richard .....Airin ????

Last i heard was that they didn't complete orders for cues .

We need Sherlock Holmes on this one !
          And every other devious so and so! PMSL
          He ain't responding to calls mate.

Comment

• so whilst i dont beleve the master blasters drivel about all this and a do think hes partly at the wind up .sowhat does the cue makers actualy use

ie parris trevor white,woolridge what are they all using just now

Comment

• Originally Posted by chicco View Post
              so whilst i dont beleve the master blasters drivel about all this and a do think hes partly at the wind up .sowhat does the cue makers actualy use

ie parris trevor white,woolridge what are they all using just now
              If you believe the main man, then JP has access to timber that is up to 40-50yrs old. Not me, the main man I know . I call this Angel Ash because it's long matured.

MW? Not sure what wood he uses, any ideas?

Comment

• Bog wood v. Air dried ash

where is the quote from parris as to his secret stash of (ash)

Comment

• I select and use excellent quality woods, sometimes air-dried sometimes kiln-dried sometimes air-dried then kiln stabilised, as long as the drying process has been done correctly it matters not one jot or tittle!

Select a plank, if the grain looks good then go to the next step, listen to it for shakes, next step etc etc ... it ain't rocket science but some wood knowledge helps.

Comment

• you call it angel ash ? so you've just taken it upon yourself to make up things now with "angel ash" and there was me giving you the benefit of the doubt saying you might have been at wind up . you really are deluded deary me

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimB View Post
                      I select and use excellent quality woods, sometimes air-dried sometimes kiln-dried sometimes air-dried then kiln stabilised, as long as the drying process has been done correctly it matters not one jot or tittle!

Select a plank, if the grain looks good then go to the next step, listen to it for shakes, next step etc etc ... it ain't rocket science but some wood knowledge helps.
                      So you don't feel the need to let it mature for 12 - 24 years then ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                        So you don't feel the need to let it mature for 12 - 24 years then ?
                        Well now there's an idea ... if I start buying ash now and air dry it for 24 years I can build cues when I'm 72, ok chaps the order book is open, who wants a cue in 2039?

Comment

• The only reason one would keep old wood is because it would be hard to source the same easily or the quality of new growth is different I suppose. Can't see wood "maturing" by just leaving it in the same place for 20 years. Unless someone can show me scientific evidence. I think when cue makers refer to "mature" ash, it's the tree itself that is old growth, not the wood being stashed away for decades.

Comment

• Surely JP can't have enough for every cue he makes ?

He must have a warehouse the size of a giant supermarket to store it all !

Basically , what i am saying .....is there must be a point when he runs out of this timber with the amount of cues that he makes .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• For some reason that does not happen . . Mmmm

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimB View Post
                                Well now there's an idea ... if I start buying ash now and air dry it for 24 years I can build cues when I'm 72, ok chaps the order book is open, who wants a cue in 2039?
                                I'll have one in 2027 please. But I wanted it numbered AD 1. The year AD began lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X