Bog wood v. Air dried ash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
    Very true. I once witnessed a young player from Northern Ireland - who later turned pro for a bit - knock in a century with a graphite cue!
    Hmm dunno about graphite as a player, I've heard carbon fibre is better. A bit like kiln and air-dried, lol Didn't Mclaren make one?
    Last edited by Master Blaster; 11 June 2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
      Hmm dunno about graphite as a player, I've heard carbon fibre is better. lol Didn't Mclaren make one?
      Michael Duffy was his name. As an amateur he played against us in the Home Internationals in Prestatyn in 98.

He turned pro not long after and even beat ROS with his graphite wand.

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
        Very true. I once witnessed a young player from Northern Ireland - who later turned pro for a bit - knock in a century with a graphite cue!
        my own brother plays with a Niche cue !! that kid made just last week 132 break in no time !! it's a strang thing to be honest !! I think the best u can do is, just clear ur mind and think about ur game !! it's true , the cue must suits ur game .it's important. but you can't blame your cue of all your mistakes!! ultimately you are the one who is playing!! This is the way I see it , anyway !!
        sorry guys , off the topic !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          my own brother plays with a Niche cue !! that kid made just last week 132 break in no time !! it's a strang thing to be honest !! I think the best u can do is, just clear ur mind and think about ur game !! it's true , the cue must suits ur game .it's important. but you can't blame your cue of all your mistakes!! ultimately you are the one who is playing!! This is the way I see it , anyway !!
          sorry guys , off the topic !
          Well done to your bro, nice break! When does he go to Q school?
          Last edited by Master Blaster; 11 June 2015, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Well done to your bro, nice break!
            hahaha,, yeah , thanks bud !!
            well, he still can'nt play snooker and me neither !! but we do enjoy the game !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
              hahaha,, yeah , thanks bud !!
              well, he still can'nt play snooker and me neither !! but we do enjoy the game !!
              Where are you guys playing Ramon?

Comment

Hmm dunno about graphite as a player, I've heard carbon fibre is better. A bit like kiln and air-dried, lol Didn't Mclaren make one?
                they did indeed but the tree won ... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ro...Fe8U2wodudcA0w

Comment

Where are you guys playing Ramon?
                  me ????? to be honest I'm Not playing so often lately! not much time !! and when ever I do have time, I'm going to drink !! I gotta choose a normal life !!
                  Anyway ,, gonna send u PM with info u need . Hope That's okey !!
                  Btw , as for Q school ,,, I heard that name sumwhere once !! I just can'nt remember where was it !!
                  Last edited by Ramon; 12 June 2015, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• Ok, so I had a think about how I rate woods and here it is for me

1. Air-Angel - Air dried in stacks then matured for as long as it takes, and not cut a moment too soon, typically 12+ years but could go to 50 for a log of ash. The choice wood for the greatest playing cues.

2. Air-dried - 5yrs (good stuff but lacking maturity)

3. Bog Maple, timeless and centuries old (never tried it but Aurora swear by it so it makes the list by rep and descrip)

3. Kiln Angel - Matured after being dried by low heat air (no steam please it isn't a puddin)

4. Maple - kiln dried Canadian

5. Kiln-clunk ash - generally not matured and usually steamed, sometimes at 60C (yikes!), the most popular wood in new cues today. Should only appear on pub bats but profits as the corner-cutters' fave.
                    Last edited by Master Blaster; 12 June 2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Ok, so I had a think about how I rate woods and here it is for me

1. Air-Angel - Air dried in stacks then matured for as long as it takes, and not cut a moment too soon, typically 12+ years but could go to 50 for a log of ash. The choice wood for the greatest playing cues.

3. Bog Maple, timeless and centuries old (never tried it but Aurora swear by it so it makes the list by rep and descrip)

3. Kiln Angel - Matured after being dried by low heat air (no steam please it isn't a puddin)

5. Kiln-clunk ash - generally not matured and usually steamed, sometimes at 60C (yikes!), the most popular wood in new cues today. Should only appear on pub bats but profits as the corner-cutters' fave.
                      what a load of twaddle - and you are trusting your third best wood choice on a wood you have never tried favoured by a chap that fakes his own death every do often! lmao
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        what a load of twaddle - and you are trusting your third best wood choice on a wood you have never tried favoured by a chap that fakes his own death every do often! lmao
                        Bees love flowers; J6 was right. lol

Comment

Ok, so I had a think about how I rate woods and here it is for me

bump>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• why have you bumped a post from 2 posts ago?
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              why have you bumped a post from 2 posts ago?
                              Bumped his head on too many air dried posts lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                                Bumped his head on too many air dried posts lol
                                There is that, but I would have got splinters as well from a kiln dried post.

Comment

Working...
                                X