Bog wood v. Air dried ash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    There is that, but I would have got splinters as well from a kiln dried post.
    Nice one MB, them kiln dried sound hollow as well if you bump your head on them. Give a right clunk!

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
      Nice one MB, them kiln dried sound hollow as well if you bump your head on them. Give a right clunk!
      I believe I hit my head and woke up after concussion some years back. It's affected me and some say I have a timber obsession. I was in the pub the other day and had a whisky. Ok, it was a lovely port wood finished Glenmorangie, of some 21 years. The whisky was fine, a drop of water opened it up, lovely strength to begin with. A friend told me later that after about 5mins I started discussing the wood, wondering if 21yrs of bourbon and port wood was optimal and if the casks were 1st or 2nd fill and where they had come from and how they casks were made and from what wood. I mean, the biggest factor and influence on a whisky is not the peat, barley, water or the location of maturation, it's the wood. If it sits in a dud it can turn into a cleaner, especially if it sits too long. Wood is the key.

Damn, I've forgotten the whisky again - DUH!

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
        Might not been the wood that sounded hollow?
        The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post

and post of the week goes to.......
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post

haha ... nice one mate

Comment

• Can't be with an IQ of 150 - intelligent people don't repeat themselves ad nauseam nor do they mention Thai gate in a stolen items thread, or maybe they do.

Comment

• Originally Posted by strobbekoen View Post
                Can't be with an IQ of 150 - intelligent people don't repeat themselves ad nauseam nor do they mention Thai gate in a stolen items thread, or maybe they do.
                Stolen items or stolen reputations? Let me know your thoughts. You'll be forthright about what matters won't you?
                Last edited by Master Blaster; 13 June 2015, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X