• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers MB, I'll give it a whirl.
    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
      Start slowly and gently. Tape the ferrule as well with some electrical tape, just in case. I'm worried now! lol

Comment

dont do it fred! master blaster aint got a clue on anything snooker related.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
          dont do it fred! master blaster aint got a clue on anything snooker related.
          A Dremel to shape a tip is ridiculous imo. More chance of slipping and damaging cue than shaping the tip! If you want to take more off just cut it down with a scalpel, then file or paper, takes a min or two at most.

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
            A Dremel to shape a tip is ridiculous imo. More chance of slipping and damaging cue than shaping the tip! If you want to take more off just cut it down with a scalpel, then file or paper, takes a min or two at most.
            exactly, its like the americans using a lathe to trim down a tip... pointless can be more damaging and utterly pointless

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
              Really, you'll be telling me next that power tools like electric planers or dremels shouldn't come near a cue. Maybe you've got all day with a file but we haven't! lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                Really, you'll be telling me next that power tools like electric planers or dremels shouldn't come near a cue. Maybe you've got all day with a file but we haven't! lol
                yer brothers shouting you, its his turn for the family brain cell tomorrow.

Comment

yer brothers shouting you, its his turn for the family brain cell tomorrow.
                  Did you go to English Language class? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Did you go to English Language class? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    no it was full of up themselves know it all ******s like you.

oh and if you are going to call over english, i suggest you check your own you silly sod. how do you spell equalled?

Comment

No I'm telling you I can trim down and shape a tip using a scalpel and papers faster than you can find your Dremel and the attachments you dingbat!

Comment

Removing Plastic Disc Badge

I've got a Dremel that I've never used, can't see any harm in having a go!
                        #jeSuisByrom

Comment

I've got a Dremel that I've never used, can't see any harm in having a go!
                          Quite, you can have a go and if you find it less work and quicker, you can do it again. If not, you bin it. After you've glued the tip, use a stanley to remove the excess. Then begin at the shoulder with the Dremel. the fine shaping I do with a Craftsmen Cues tip shaper, great things. You can do it the JP way but that takes ages with no extra benefit. But then I'm pretty handy with dremel so it's faster for me. The trick is hold the dremel near the top firmly but not too firmly. Apply pressure lightly to begin with and feel the force of the drum. It's not for everyone but it works a treat for me. If Mike Wooldridge uses a Bosch planer to plane 1st stage wood, it's hardly a revolutionary idea to use a Dremel to do the basic rough work on a tip.
                          Last edited by Master Blaster; 14 June 2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

no it was full of up themselves know it all ******s like you.

oh and if you are going to call over english, i suggest you check your own you silly sod. how do you spell equalled?
                            I must admit I believe equaled can be spelt both ways

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                              Vive la difference! When's the dancing bloke avatar coming back, that was cool.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                                depends on the context it is meant in, and it just shows MB to be thick as usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X