Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue reprofile recommendations please

Hi All,
    I have a Pearwood shafted cue that I would like taking down to 8.75mm fron 9.25mm any recommendations on who to contact? I live in Yorkshire but don't mind posting.
    Regards
    Richard

Originally Posted by wideride96 View Post
    Hi All,
    I have a Pearwood shafted cue that I would like taking down to 8.75mm fron 9.25mm any recommendations on who to contact? I live in Yorkshire but don't mind posting.
    Regards
    Richard
    Dave Brown at craftsman cues in Kippax or Andy Travis
    nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

You take a pearwood down to that tip size,won't it be very whippy.

Comment

If the Pearwood cue has a slim taper already , then reducing it will make it whippy , as Jim said . I owned a Pear shafted Cue Craft once that Renzies mate now owns that was 8.25 mm , but that was a stiff Pear shaft from Steve Grice and therefore played very well . If the taper in the top 18 " or so will support a reduction , why not try 9mm first , because you can always reduce but you cant go back up a ferrule size without losing length , if you go to far in the first place. I have owned 9 x Pear wood cues in one piece and 3/4 and finding a good Pear shaft is not easy , so if there is nothing wriong with your cue I would leave it alone , just some friendly advice .
        Last edited by old school; 13 June 2015, 12:05 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
          You take a pearwood down to that tip size,won't it be very whippy.
          Not if it already has a linear taper and is stiff. Taking it down could then take it from stiff to medium. Depends on the taper shape I guess.

Comment

Never seen a stiff pear, Usually always whippy

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Never seen a stiff pear, Usually always whippy
              Fair dos. What's apple like?

Comment

Originally Posted by transit172 View Post
                Dave Brown at craftsman cues in Kippax or Andy Travis
                I will second that re Craftsmans, know two guys who have have theirs done by them and they were more than happy.

Comment

" Stiff " is a relative term when applied to Pear wood shafted cues , my friend .

Comment

Does the OP use the cue to play snooker? I'd say, keep the pear for snooker, they're thin on the ground and it would be shame to cut it. Buy a pool cue, good uns can be had for £80.

Comment

Working...
                    X