• Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Surely ok tho at £185 !!
    Yes just spotted that so he'll get a tidy profit whatever the outcome

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      Yes just spotted that so he'll get a tidy profit whatever the outcome
      probably will sell it Leo as I am partial to ash. First let me get cue in hand. I will be most interested in seeing a H&O cue first hand as I never saw one before let alone play with one. See what the hype is all about.

The thing in SA regarding cues is that people are clueless about cues here. Don't know what real value of cues are. Crappy machine spliced Joe Davis cues are held in high regard until they play with a good handmade do they know the difference.
      Just 4 months back I missed out on a JP exclusive at approximately 150 pounds. Thing is the cue was available for a few days before that. I guess it's what's in your luck. But yeah not many know much about cues and cue value. Either Overpriced crap or underpriced gold. Hopefully this cue is all good.

Comment

Just received this cue. I will post more pics on weekend. I am guessing here as I have not measured anything yet but specs are 29 butt 9 mm tip and 17 ounces. Cue in very good condition. Would have been in exceptional condition for the age but for two dents on one splice. Shaft is clean and blemish free stiff maple. I had a hit with it and plays beautiful. Just not gonna go back to maple.

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
          I know the green plate Robert Osborne cues have been criticised recently as they are made in Thailand and simply finished at the most by him, but what is the difference between the different colour models of H&O?
          Freudian slip?

Comment

In order of shaft quality ......cheapest to dearest

Red plate
            Green plate
            Black plate
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

trevor white.JPGI cried on sunday over this. missed this one
              Originally Posted by sanman View Post
              probably will sell it Leo as I am partial to ash. First let me get cue in hand. I will be most interested in seeing a H&O cue first hand as I never saw one before let alone play with one. See what the hype is all about.

The thing in SA regarding cues is that people are clueless about cues here. Don't know what real value of cues are. Crappy machine spliced Joe Davis cues are held in high regard until they play with a good handmade do they know the difference.
              Just 4 months back I missed out on a JP exclusive at approximately 150 pounds. Thing is the cue was available for a few days before that. I guess it's what's in your luck. But yeah not many know much about cues and cue value. Either Overpriced crap or underpriced gold. Hopefully this cue is all good.

Comment

[ATTACH]17915[/ATTACH]I cried on sunday over this. missed this one
                what is R4000 in Sterling?
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  what is R4000 in Sterling?
                  215 sterling

Comment

215 sterling
                    you starting me off crying now :wink-new:
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

When I said people in south Africa didn't know cue values u can see what I mean. This hunt and osborne and trevor white all in one week. Got one missed one. Ah well

Comment

Working...
                      X