New cue dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I wouldn't pay anymore then £80 for a Butters cue but that's just my opinion
    I can kind of understand the opinion, but I don't think it's the whole story. On Butters, the downsides: They tend not to be well finished...there is work left to do. You don't get to choose your specifications - you acquire a Butters and see how you get on with it. The upsides: They are beautiful hand made objects, and unique. In my experience they play well...its just whether they suit you. I have three, they all feel amazing, if all somewhat different. The one that is my playing cue (replacing my Parris) you couldn't buy for three times your offer price. It would involve violence, and prying it from my cold dead hands, to acquire it.

For the money I don't think you can buy a better cue. Nicely finished and packaged with extensions and case I consider them worth £150 to £200 depending on splices. Selling my old Parris would pay for what I've spent on all of them...which for me would be a no brainer.

Comment

I wouldn't pay anymore then £80 for a Butters cue but that's just my opinion
      Me neither unless it was badged.
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
        Me neither unless it was badged.
        A badged one will play exactly the same as a non badged one so I'll stick to my £80 badged or not.

Comment

A badged one will play exactly the same as a non badged one so I'll stick to my £80 badged or not.
          Yes but when you decide you don't like the unbadged one it wont get you your money back after expenses. At the moment a badged one will as folk are paying silly money for them. Up there for thinking, down there for dancing
          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yes but when you decide you don't like the unbadged one it wont get you your money back after expenses. At the moment a badged one will as folk are paying silly money for them. Up there for thinking, down there for dancing
            That's fair enough I have noticed the badged up ones go for more money.

Comment

If you can up youre budget to just over £ 300 i have a very nice T W 3/4

Comment

Bit too rich for me, but appreciate the offer

Comment

What about unbadged, but with a photo of the cue(s), signed with authentication?

I'd rather not have a badge. I can prove where they come from. Not that it matters, I wont be selling them. I'll leave that to my inheritors.

Comment

Originally Posted by Robgosty View Post
                    Hi all, new cue dilemma, looking for a reasonable quality 3/4 cue, can be new or s/h, budget of £200, read all posts until my eyes are bleeding but not really any wiser looking at Peradon York, and Mastercue Rocket at the moment, any more ideas much appreciated, looking for nice finish & value for money, based in Manchester if it helps
                    any suggestions much appreciated
                    I'm agree with Neil! For that budget GreenBaize is the best option !! ADR 147 has also cues for that budget !! The problem is, Thai cues (in general terms) have a less re sell value compared to UK cues ( sum of them )!!! so, if you wanna buy a Thai cue, make sure you try the cue first before u buy it !! Cus in case the cue does'nt suit ur game is not gonna be easy to sell it. of crs , Not saying impossible , just not easy and fast as sum of the UK brands !!
                    Goodluk with your search for the Holy Grail !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                      I'm agree with Neil! For that budget GreenBaize is the best option !! ADR 147 has also cues for that budget !! The problem is, Thai cues (in general terms) have a less re sell value compared to UK cues ( sum of them )!!! so, if you wanna buy a Thai cue, make sure you try the cue first before u buy it !! Cus in case the cue does'nt suit ur game is not gonna be easy to sell it. of crs , Not saying impossible , just not easy and fast as sum of the UK brands !!
                      Goodluk with your search for the Holy Grail !!
                      Advice much appreciated, nice to be back on original topic

Comment

My To Praram cue AWESOME

Comment

I recently went to visit greenbaize . I was down that way on holiday with family and forgot to pack my cue .

Went to greenbaize with a budget in mind to pick up a backup cue . Stu let me try as many cues as I liked on their table and was helpfull in answering questions and guiding me to the right cue . The website doesn't show all their cues , the shop is very impressive . Friendly folk and tipped the cue with tip of my choice and gave me spare one to take away . They went out their way to help me TBH

Over those couple of days I must of tried around 60 cues between a couple of different shops . I was amazed at how much difference there was in how cues feel even if the specs were similar .

In the end I bought a GBL 3/4 . It played so nice that I forgot to look if the splices lined up or if the arrows did etc (They are perfect btw ) , I was just so happy with it I would have bought it even if it looked like a dog . It's my main playing cue .

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
                            My To Praram cue AWESOME

Nice cue . I have a series2 and it's a very nice cue .

Comment

Working...
                            X