No announcement yet.

£70 ish best cue recommendations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A decent cue isn't going to magically make you better. I know that only too well. What it will do is give you one less thing to worry about, and allow you to develop consistency on your shots because you are working with something that consistently responds in the same way and that you continue to use and develop your technique with.

Good players can play with anything, a good cue wont make a bad player a good one. You can get used to anything if you practice enough.

Comment

That's pretty much what i was thinking. I bought a piece of crap cue from Argos, I can't play with it. I'm much better with the free cues in the club. So i want something I can improve with.

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
        A decent cue isn't going to magically make you better. I know that only too well. What it will do is give you one less thing to worry about, and allow you to develop consistency on your shots because you are working with something that consistently responds in the same way and that you continue to use and develop your technique with.

Good players can play with anything, a good cue wont make a bad player a good one. You can get used to anything if you practice enough.
        Spot on.

You can pick a very decent cue up reasonably cheap and play supurb, you having a Parris, or white, or Woodbridge etc will win you points on this forum but it won't win you anymore points on the table as will a cue half or even quarter the price will.

remember it's the player not the badge

Comment

The LP cue is OK comes complete with case and extensions, see link.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LP-3-4-Pi...item234ea631a2

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
            The LP cue is OK comes complete with case and extensions, see link.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LP-3-4-Pi...item234ea631a2
            And probably not a bad cue for that price.

Comment

For that sort of money you're better off looking at a vintage cue that is a playable cue. What I mean by that is the shaft isn't too whippy which it can be with older cues.
              They offer great value for money when compared to modern cues especially the over-priced ones where in most cases you are paying for the kudos of the badge and the sell-on value and not so much for the quality. How many of these shafts are imported these days? I've sold refurbished hand-spliced vintage cues for playing not just collecting for a quarter of the price of an equivalent cue made by some of the better cue-makers. Solid English ash shafts or quality maple along with pear-wood or hornbeam make these high quality playing cues. Some will disagree but I've bought and sold a lot of cues and I can say from first hand experience that you won't buy better than a good quality vintage cue.

Comment

I agree with David ( blackswan01 ) here. I've got a few nice, expensive, cues , but current favourite playing cue, is an £80

old Flame maple shafted machine spliced cue, which Sean Parker has refurb'd, and stuck some nice kingwood front splices on.

Some of David's look very nice on ebay too . .

Comment

Originally Posted by blackswan01 View Post
                  For that sort of money you're better off looking at a vintage cue that is a playable cue. What I mean by that is the shaft isn't too whippy which it can be with older cues.
                  They offer great value for money when compared to modern cues especially the over-priced ones where in most cases you are paying for the kudos of the badge and the sell-on value and not so much for the quality. How many of these shafts are imported these days? I've sold refurbished hand-spliced vintage cues for playing not just collecting for a quarter of the price of an equivalent cue made by some of the better cue-makers. Solid English ash shafts or quality maple along with pear-wood or hornbeam make these high quality playing cues. Some will disagree but I've bought and sold a lot of cues and I can say from first hand experience that you won't buy better than a good quality vintage cue.
                  Got to agree if you find a good one not whippy this guts right - was getting my tip done once during a game as it fell off - had a shifty through the rack cues found a nice playable cue - used it to win match made a nice 80 something put it behind bar said I will buy that next time I am in - sadly someone else saw me use it n bought it before I had chance.

I curious about J6uk who seems to splice a few rackers up he knows a nice playable piece it seems- definitely worth buying a firm old English ash cue or maple or getting a old riley rack cue re-spliced in a modern way from a cue doctor
                  Last edited by Byrom; 9 October 2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Here's mine. Smooth as the proverbial smooth thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X