No announcement yet.

John Parris Drill Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help but wonder what everything's glued to and the effect on long term stability.

It makes me wonder whether to drop them a line as it certainly doesn't sound standard in any world....
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Thinking about this again I had a problem when I first bought the cue.

I was holding it about a foot off the floor and dropped it but caught it just as it touched the floor. To my amazement, the ebony under the badge fell off (as old Riley's used to when banged on the floor).

I explained to the Parris shop that it barely touched the floor and they wanted to charge me another £75 to sort it and postage both ways.

They may have bee right to do this in all fairness but I now have to wonder about the overall stability if the cue is hollow that far up, can't say as I am not disappointed.

I can't help but wonder if the original ash is the shorter lengths you hear about abroad with the butt put on to gain the required length or they actually have another method in the Parris shop;
      certainly strange unless someone can come up with another reason?

Comment

Just emailed John Parris.

I'll let you know what the response is....

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          No need to answer !! I apologize !! I thought you said 45 cm , lol !!
          haha sorry Ramon just seen it now lol i was scratching my head for a few seconds there mate and i dont think i would be happy to have a huge hole into the depths of my cue haha we may find out soon why this is !!!!!
          Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 14 September 2015, 10:27 PM.
          nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

Alan, does this effects the playblty of the cue ?
            I'm asking this cus I have'nt played with one of those !!
            So, just wonder !!
            It does'nt sounds right . That's for sure !!
            Ramon there may well be some with 45cm ? haha :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by ADW147CUEMAN View Post
              Any longer and you'll be able to fit the tip from the inside!

Comment

haha sorry Ramon just seen it now lol i was scratching my head for a few seconds there mate and i dont think i would be happy to have a huge hole into the depths of my cue haha we may find out soon why this is !!!!!
                No problem my friend , thanks for replay !!
                To be honest , i've never seen Sumthing like this !! Very strange .
                I would'nt be happy either !! Just wonder , does it effects the playblty of the cue Or not !!
                Anyway, I'm curious what JP would say !! Probably a mistake thr at the workshop !!

Comment

Well , Lets say the cue is balanced on 17" !!!
                  In this case you reach the balans point . So if u re not happy with it , u can do sumthing about it , lol !!
                  Very strang case here , That's for sure !!

Comment

The 'Asian Cue' theory intrigues me somewhat, as my Ultimate is one of the last 'Red Glue' models Number 1370, and was purchased from an exceptionally reliable source ( Andrew Ramsay - ADR147 if there is anyone who does not know who he is! ) So is there any way that we could have all been duped all this time and Mr Parris does not make his own cues? Maybe the cheaper end of the market, but surely not the Ultimate?!?!

Your thoughts on this fellow Forum members is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally Posted by gtjohnnymac1965 View Post
                      The 'Asian Cue' theory intrigues me somewhat, as my Ultimate is one of the last 'Red Glue' models Number 1370, and was purchased from an exceptionally reliable source ( Andrew Ramsay - ADR147 if there is anyone who does not know who he is! ) So is there any way that we could have all been duped all this time and Mr Parris does not make his own cues? Maybe the cheaper end of the market, but surely not the Ultimate?!?!

Your thoughts on this fellow Forum members is greatly appreciated.
                      When I spoke to the shop about a custom cue they discussed making the cues on site and said I could even take a look if I wanted so; I took my father up, we looked around the shop and they let us take a brief look where the cue was going to be made.

It was the cheaper end of the range as I picked one up in the shop and said that's the one, it just happened to be the cheaper end of the range, at no time did I think or was told it would be made on site and this was certainly the impression I left with (after placing an order).

The cue seems fine to me and I have had a century with it which ain't bad for me as haven't been playing again that long and any shortages in potting I would say are mine or though I have wondered about 'throw' on long shots; guess I should try and other cue and see if the same fault occurs.

My gut tells me the cue's fine.

I have received a confirmation email saying no one in the shop to answer until Wednesday so we'll see.

Comment

Did you send the picture attachments with your email as well... just curious.

Comment

No problem my friend , thanks for replay !!
                          To be honest , i've never seen Sumthing like this !! Very strange .
                          I would'nt be happy either !! Just wonder , does it effects the playblty of the cue Or not !!
                          Anyway, I'm curious what JP would say !! Probably a mistake thr at the workshop !!
                          YEAH me too Ramon :snooker:

Comment

I've got a circa ten+ years old Ambassador. Until very recently I knew little about 'red glue' or anything else. I spoke to John on the phone a couple of times when I was considering ordering. Was always, in my estimation, a nice straightforward chap who was happy to say he had a few apprentices in the shop as he had a heavy workload getting pros to look at cues and drumming up orders. He said he still was involved in production. Did he make my cue? I honestly don't know. It's (as far as I can tell) a red glue model, and a very nice cue. It just doesn't suit me anymore with a quite whippy shaft (and what is now an 8.5mm ferrule) being more suited to a pool cue, but too good to really take into pubs!

Anyway.....circa 40mm depth on the SD socket, with the extension having a circa 33mm male part.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                              Did you send the picture attachments with your email as well... just curious.
                              Not yet.

I would like to see what they come back with first and then go from there.

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                                I've got a circa ten+ years old Ambassador. Until very recently I knew little about 'red glue' or anything else. I spoke to John on the phone a couple of times when I was considering ordering. Was always, in my estimation, a nice straightforward chap who was happy to say he had a few apprentices in the shop as he had a heavy workload getting pros to look at cues and drumming up orders. He said he still was involved in production. Did he make my cue? I honestly don't know. It's (as far as I can tell) a red glue model, and a very nice cue. It just doesn't suit me anymore with a quite whippy shaft (and what is now an 8.5mm ferrule) being more suited to a pool cue, but too good to really take into pubs!

Anyway.....circa 40mm depth on the SD socket, with the extension having a circa 33mm male part.
                                That it what I would expect so apart from mine and the other ultimate mentioned it doesn't sound commonplace so in my mind it may be a mistake or I would have thought they would all be like it.

We'll just have to see what the response is.

Comment

Working...
                                X