Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you tell.

How to tell the quality of a cue?

What is the difference between a hand made cue from one of the big boys in the UK to a hand made cue from overseas? Is the ash or maple the same?

here is a bit info about cues .
    http://www.snookercues.com/what-is-t...d-spliced-cue/

This issue has already been discussed on this forum many times .
    thr are a nr of top cue makers ( in UK and in Thailand ). If u'r talking about top ranges , i would'nt know what is the diff realy. they re both good . and only way to know is to give it a try .
    Personally I think UK cues have a better finish ( in general ). But that's just my personal opinion
    As for ash an maple . maple is a bit stiffer an danser comperd to ash . I've played for many yrs with ash an last few yrs i swap to maple . No big diff realy . I think playing with maple require a better timeing during ur cue action . But again , That's just my opinion.
    If u re a good player , u should be able to play with both imo.

Comment

Thanks for the info Ramon.

I was wondering if the wood selection is the same?
      You see some cue makers advertising hand made cues with extensions, mini butt and a case for less than £100. You can pay up to £1000 for that in the UK so was wondering if the wood used wasn't as good as what the British cue makers use. I know you pay a lot more for the name of the cue maker but still it's a lot different if it's the same process.

Comment

Just read the link you sent. Thanks very informative

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
          Thanks for the info Ramon.

I was wondering if the wood selection is the same?
          You see some cue makers advertising hand made cues with extensions, mini butt and a case for less than £100. You can pay up to £1000 for that in the UK so was wondering if the wood used wasn't as good as what the British cue makers use. I know you pay a lot more for the name of the cue maker but still it's a lot different if it's the same process.
          of crs , that's important .
          qlty of the wood is the main factor in how the cue plays . for example , when u buy a black plate Robert Osbrn the wood is more carefully selected on that cue comperd to sum cheap BCE cue . But still, u have to play with it to know for sure .
          thr re many people who belive that cues from Thailand are cheaper. believe me, they re not . especially if u copmer top ranges from thai an UK . Is not mutch diff .
          You should also consider that everything is more expensive in the UK. I mean, The pay salary of a worker in UK is not as much as a worker in Thailand. not to mention the diff in Taxes .

Comment

Working...
          X