Is it possible to rebalance a cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to rebalance a cue

Hi, I have just bought a cue, 1 piece, that is 56.25 inches and is balanced at 14 inches. To be honest it feels too butt heavy. The cue is nice, so I was wondering whether it would be possible to have it rebalanced.

It's gonna be difficult. ask J6 about this . I think he can help you .

Comment

it is possible, but a word of warning, and I'm sure any one that takes on the job will say, there are dangers of redrilling where the drill can come through the side of the cue or the splices can pop off
      warning said, I am sure someone can do it
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Also depends wether weight is lead or steel.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
          Hi, I have just bought a cue, 1 piece, that is 56.25 inches and is balanced at 14 inches. To be honest it feels too butt heavy. The cue is nice, so I was wondering whether it would be possible to have it rebalanced.
          iv just re balanced a cue that was 14.5bp/57. i spiced an extra two inches an cut an inch off the top, check the thread j6 cue stories..
          i will be doing another cues but this time i will cut out the old weight a a new one then re splice
          have you a few pics of the cue?
          Last edited by j6uk; 30 October 2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

take a rare earth magnet and see if its steel or lead if lead no prob if steel good luck

Comment

whats the difference with lead or steel? why is lead easier to work with?
              #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

your drill will take the path of least resistance if its lead then lead if its steel then wood

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                  whats the difference with lead or steel? why is lead easier to work with?
                  lead is softer and will drill out easy

Comment

Just had a guy that has joined the club with a high break of 126 so no mug.

He has a Sidney Smith cue that he wanted to make a little heavier so he gouged at the top of the cue one night until he had a sizeable enough hole and then proceeded to fill it with lead and shape it with the back end of a kitchen spoon.

The cue doesn't roll level, is 23oz (he reckons) and he pots ball all over the place with tremendous spin (especially down the rails).

I have no idea what affects he has done to the cues balance or throw come to that but it certainly hasn't affected his shot making abilities and as far as I know may even have bettered them?

What I do know is he has re-weighted it in a bizarre fashion and it works; would I do it to my cue? no way but I wonder how many more unconventional methods have been used with good effect.
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                    X