Phonix master cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phonix master cue

Phonix master cue , is one of the cues i've never seen Or tried a few shots with it .
    I have two cousins. Both are looking for a new cue. one of them asked me to buy a phonix master cue Or one of those Britannia cues for him. has anyone experience with phonix master cues? (In term of finish and playpblty). As we already know , each cue has his own playblty . But still , I would appreciate sum opinions about this brand .
    Many thanks .

I have a Phoenix Master and it is VERY solid for the money you pay.

Perfect Ash shaft and nice even splicing etc, was my No.1 player until i purchased my MW Legend and the difference between the 2 was astounding but that is not to say the Phoenix is no good as i just get on better with the MW and it throws less with the BS ferule system while offering a ton more Cue ball reaction with the same effort.

My Phoenix will always be kept even though i rarely use it now and they are an excellent product for what you pay IMO.
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Thanks chappy ,
      To be honest , it's not for me and he has a smal budget otherwijs I would love to buy a MW
      Cue for him .
      Thanks for review .

Comment

I don't think he will be disappointed at all with it honestly unless he is a player trying to replace a MW or another high end Cue as my Phoenix is no match for my Legend especially when playing with side and trying to action the Cue Ball where you want it.

For a Cue at the cheaper end of the market they are ROCK SOLID and good players.

Comment

Also for what it's worth i have had mates/blokes from the club come over beat me on my own table ( We are at the same level or very close to skill wise ) using my Phoenix and it is the first Cue people in the know go for at home as they know they are not getting my MW against me!

Comment

Yeah , I know . MW cues are Great . I had one myself and he was a Great player.
            In this case , this kid is a starter ( one of them ). So just gonna buy Sumthing to play the game .
            I also did contact ADR . But he was on his way to London. He has sum Nice britannia cues .
            His brother is a good player . Gonna try to buy one of J6 cues him ( in case he want to sell one ).
            I realy think J6 re doing a Great job .
            Anyway , I got time . One of those Phonix cues would be a good start , I think .

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
              Anyway , I got time . One of those Phonix cues would be a good start , I think .
              For sure mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
                Also for what it's worth i have had mates/blokes from the club come over beat me on my own table ( We are at the same level or very close to skill wise ) using my Phoenix and it is the first Cue people in the know go for at home as they know they are not getting my MW against me!
                Well, I think No matter what you playing with . at end of the day, is the player Not the cue .
                Do'nt get me wrong, it's Nice to have a good qulty cue.
                To be honest, Thai cues re Great players as well imo .
                Just this Phonix master cue , i've never seen Or tried it . it's good to have this forum in case u need sum info . Re always sum members to help ( like yourself ) !!

Comment

Well, I think No matter what you playing with . at end of the day, is the player Not the cue .
                  Do'nt get me wrong, it's Nice to have a good qulty cue.
                  To be honest, Thai cues re Great players as well imo .
                  Just this Phonix master cue , i've never seen Or tried it . it's good to have this forum in case u need sum info . Re always sum members to help ( like yourself ) !!
                  Totally agree and this is the best aspect of this place.

Ask a question and get honest answers! ( Well hopefully )

When i say my only draw back of my Phoenix is the throw when playing with side that is just my Cue and by no means should what i say effect the entire range etc. I always thought it did to but maybe it was just me but when my coach played with it the first thing he said was " Gee it has got a lot of throw ".......

On straight center ball potting and screw back / top spin still playing along the center line of the Cue Ball it is fine but as soon as you want to put a little side on it that's when trouble starts with my Phoenix! Hence why i wanted to go a better quality makers Cue but it is just so expensive here in Australia to get hand made UK Cues due to our dollar which is currently nearly doubling everything.

500 pounds is equal to $1,000 Australian dollars and trust me that is a hell of a lot of money for a Cue. I will never regret my MW Legend purchase though even though i halved what i paid when i told the Misses what it cost and she still cracked the ****s!!!!! hahaha blardy women and they will never understand!!

Comment

Totally agree and this is the best aspect of this place.

Ask a question and get honest answers! ( Well hopefully )

When i say my only draw back of my Phoenix is the throw when playing with side that is just my Cue and by no means should what i say effect the entire range etc. I always thought it did to but maybe it was just me but when my coach played with it the first thing he said was " Gee it has got a lot of throw ".......

On straight center ball potting and screw back / top spin still playing along the center line of the Cue Ball it is fine but as soon as you want to put a little side on it that's when trouble starts with my Phoenix! Hence why i wanted to go a better quality makers Cue but it is just so expensive here in Australia to get hand made UK Cues due to our dollar which is currently nearly doubling everything.

500 pounds is equal to $1,000 Australian dollars and trust me that is a hell of a lot of money for a Cue. I will never regret my MW Legend purchase though even though i halved what i paid when i told the Misses what it cost and she still cracked the ****s!!!!! hahaha blardy women and they will never understand!!
                    Oh yeah , other problem is the shipping cost ( I mean to Australia ).
                    I do'nt know what you payed , But useing UPS Or DHL to send a cue to Australia is Not gonna be cheap , That's for sure . Of crs , 500 gbp is still a lot of money . Even for Sumone in UK .
                    I had just a about the same feeling with BS ( regarding useing Side ).
                    I also think is the matter of whether the cue suits ur game Or Not .
                    btw, never tell your Misses about this kind of stuff , lol . If you ask me , that would be the same thing as asking for trouble !!

Comment

Oh yeah , other problem is the shipping cost ( I mean to Australia ).
                      I do'nt know what you payed , But useing UPS Or DHL to send a cue to Australia is Not gonna be cheap , That's for sure . Of crs , 500 gbp is still a lot of money . Even for Sumone in UK .
                      I had just a about the same feeling with BS ( regarding useing Side ).
                      I also think is the matter of whether the cue suits ur game Or Not .
                      btw, never tell your Misses about this kind of stuff , lol . If you ask me , that would be the same thing as asking for trouble !!
                      MW charged me 50 pound shipping to Australia via UPS tracked etc and from when he shipped it within 6 days i had it in my hand.

Comment

MW charged me 50 pound shipping to Australia via UPS tracked etc and from when he shipped it within 6 days i had it in my hand.
                        50 mark to Australia ???? Are you sure ??
                        Wouw , to be honest I thought it's gonna be more .
                        UPS is more expensive comperd to TNT OR UKMAIL .
                        Maybe Mike pays less cus he deals with them more often .

Comment

50 mark to Australia ???? Are you sure ??
                          Wouw , to be honest I thought it's gonna be more .
                          UPS is more expensive comperd to TNT OR UKMAIL .
                          Maybe Mike pays less cus he deals with them more often .

Yep and trust me i know what i paid! lol

He may of just looked after me cause i am a great bloke and his facebook friend while we chat often!!!!!!

Comment

Yep and trust me i know what i paid! lol

He may of just looked after me cause i am a great bloke and his facebook friend while we chat often!!!!!!
                            Haha,, that could be . You're a Great member of this forum as well , my friend .
                            Glad you got Sumthing that suits ur game . As long as u enjoy playing with it . That's the main thing .
                            As Mike always says : you get what you pay for . Well, you better belive it !!

Comment

Haha,, that could be . You're a Great member of this forum as well , my friend .
                              Glad you got Sumthing that suits ur game . As long as u enjoy playing with it . That's the main thing .
                              As Mike always says : you get what you pay for . Well, you better belive it !!
                              Mike is just straight to the point and has little time for numb skulls and heroes which is understandable as i could not even imagine the amount of idiots he comes across in his day to day job and even on here to for what it is worth.

Most often though he will treat people the way he is treated and this is a golden rule in life that i was taught at a very young age also and i live by it. Mike has been sick lately and hope all is good and it seems to be from what i have heard which is great news.

Comment

Working...
                              X