• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind buying vs trying a few first

Which cue did you go for?
    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Cyclone, I couldn't agree more and I am 99% sure that is what I will be doing.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyclone crouch View Post
        I took a 200 mile drive to greenbaise today, left early got there 9:30,Stu opened early so I had just under 4hrs!! Trying over 50 cues, I narrowed it down to 10, then down to 2!! How many years would that have took to have them made then tried?. Why O why didn't I do this before??.. It's a no brainer if you need a cue, a place where you can try MANY top quality cues in a fantastic environment Stu knows his stuff and seems a great guy and basically let's you get on with it, For me I agree I could get on with many cues if given the most important ingredient... TIME!! which I haven't got. But let me tell you one thing, I found a cue that feels completely right for me today! Harry Potter got fitted for his wand!! Lol would recommend this way for most!!
        Would love to go and take a look round as looks a fantastic place with such good reviews (especially about Stu); unfortunately 322 miles from me........

Well done on finding a good cue though, must be a nice feeling.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

You buy a cue you like the look and feel of, then you practice and practice! It's that simple!
          Unless you like buy and collect cues like some people on here.
          The Snooker Forum can be a friend with some good advice but also an enemy with a lot of drivel I'm afraid.
          VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
          Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
          Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
          Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

how can u buy a cue you like the look of and feel of if you dont try it first? that rules out any option but to travel

Comment

Should've typed 'or' between look and feel.
              You buy a cue from a quality known cue maker with specs you like and get use to it!
              There's no special magic involved but to get to know the cue!
              VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
              Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
              Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
              Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Exactly, how many of us have bought a cue with our spec look/colour to not like how it feels. Yes with time you can still play to a level. But I'm sure we could get there a lot faster and maybe a higher level with a cue that feels perfect and complements your cue action..
                Fredkite I tried both the final cues for some time and felt the issue was not whether to buy both but if I could leave it so yes I bought both!. Always nice to have good number 2 just incase... I can honestly say it's the first time I've felt 100% happy with my cue So no excuses now!! Just some quality practice.. I'm buzzing already!

Comment

I can't wait to go and try the cues out. I'm going get to ask him to cover the badge and not tell me the price. I'll try a few and see what feels best. If it's a £100 cue or a £500 cue. Doesn't matter it will be based on feel. To me now that the only way to buy a cue

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
                    I can't wait to go and try the cues out. I'm going get to ask him to cover the badge and not tell me the price. I'll try a few and see what feels best. If it's a £100 cue or a £500 cue. Doesn't matter it will be based on feel. To me now that the only way to buy a cue
                    Not quite sure how that will work, the brands are grouped together so unless you are blindfolded you are going to know which make it is ? you must of looked at the website and have a rough idea of prices, plain ebony will be cheapest and more splices on the cue equals higher price, pretty simple really !

Comment

My thoughts were if I get him to pick a few cues based on my spec I would prefer to just play and not know what cue was handed to me. That way my mind wouldn't be swayed by the higher end prices. I'm really not bothered about price but really want to get the cue that feels best.
                      I'm sure it will all work out well and I'm really looking forward to going.

I'll let you all know

Comment

Working...
                      X