best cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    simply a badge for many who cannot play and have more money than sense.
    I'd rather not play well, with a cue that won't lose me any money in a few years, should I decide to sell it on,
    than not play well with a cue that may half in value in a few years. Sounds like perfect sense to me. .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
      no such thing as english shafts
      Don't old cues from the 50's and 60's use English ash shafts ?

Comment

best cues

yep, but the topic was modern cues

Comment

Yep, but some, very very few still use British ash. In modern cues.

Comment

Aah ha. I understand now, although if you ask Andy Hunter to source English ash for a cue, he will do so,

but he's not really in the business of cuemaking, so doesn't really effect your point.

I suppose some may still use it ( oops typing at the same time as Shads ).

Comment

no such thing as english shafts
              I might have missed the point here, why no such thing as English shafts?
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

My apologies...maybe i gave the wrong meaning. What i wanted to say was cues made in thailand are force matured unlike cues made in europe, could be due to the mass production required.
                Not meant to say english shafts.

Comment

What is force matured ?

Comment

I do not wish to disagree with " golferson " but there is a difference and " English " shafts do exist . European Ash , Fraxinus Excelsior is an entirely different tree to Fraxinus Americana , which is commonly known as American or White Ash . It should be possible to source English / European grown and harvested Ash , proving its authenticity as " English Ash " is another matter and would rely on the veracity of your supplier . Best cue is the one you are most comfortable with and which you play well with , regardless of cost and maker . As others have pointed out before , there are several cue makers in the UK and Far East that could make you a perfect cue , aesthetically , but sometimes perfect doesnt play , ask " oldgit " .

Comment

best cues

that's not what I meant I know there is english ash,just that no one uses it now what with the disease problem.
                      Last edited by golferson123; 20 November 2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

that's not what I meant I know there is english ash,just that no one uses it now what with the disease problem.
                        Have a look on MW website because it clearly states that Gavin who makes G-cues uses English ash.

Comment

Process of kiln drying and cooling.

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
                            Have a look on MW website because it clearly states that Gavin who makes G-cues uses English ash.
                            don't forget about air dried swamp ash that was used to make your fictitious John Parris that was callously stolen
                            #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                              don't forget about air dried swamp ash that was used to make your fictitious john parris that was callously stolen
                              yawn boring

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                                don't forget about air dried swamp ash that was used to make your fictitious John Parris that was callously stolen
                                Also reported for off topic nonsense

Comment

Working...
                                X