Greenbaize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenbaize

Hi all, i wanted to share the experience i had visiting greenbaize today. As i have mentioned on a few threads i was looking for a new 1 piece snooker cue. Based on advice i recieved from local players and this forum i decided greenbaize were the people to contact for my new cue. One important factor in this decision was the fact i could actually try the cues there.

I arrived there this morning after a 2.5hr drive and after a chat with Stuart about what i was looking for interms of spec and playability i was soon trying out 10 - 15 cues all with similar tip sizes, weights, lengths to what i was looking for. The cues were a mix of maxmus, GBL and a couple of Niche's. All to be honest were fantastic cues with essentially perfect splicing and finish. After about 3 to 4 hrs (and a cup of coffee) i had narrowed it down to two a maxmus ultimate and a GBL special. Both incredible cues with nothing really to split the two other than me very slightly prefering the splicing design on the maximus so that was what i went for in the end. I cannot praise the service/advice/help i recieved enough and would recommend a visit to Greenbaize to anyone before they order a custom made cue, even if it means spending a whole day driving, its still worth it. In the end i know the cue in my car suits me and i dont have to wait months/years for one that may or may not suit me when it eventually arrives.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a cue!

Stu's a top bloke, glad you found a cue to suit you

Comment

Thanks very much, yea im really happy with the cue, im looking forward to playing some frames with it this week.

I also had a very interesting discussion about Pro granite tips while there and i have a few to try. I was looking for a firm, consistent tip that still held chalk well and Stuart suggested the Pro granite tip. I will let you know how it goes when i have given them a proper try.

Comment

Originally Posted by brookst View Post
        Thanks very much, yea im really happy with the cue, im looking forward to playing some frames with it this week.

I also had a very interesting discussion about Pro granite tips while there and i have a few to try. I was looking for a firm, consistent tip that still held chalk well and Stuart suggested the Pro granite tip. I will let you know how it goes when i have given them a proper try.
        very good tips, a bit harder comperd to elk .
        hope u enjoy ur new cue .

Comment

stu is a top class guy.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Today im putting on one of the new pro granite tips in place of the Elk already on the cue then im taking the new cue for a few games at my local club. Im interested in trying the new tip and the cue on my usual tables to see how it goes. Im really looking forward to it actually the cue played great yesterday, i have to say actually its the best cue i have ever used in terms of playability.

Comment

Working...
            X