Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on having cue made

Hello TSF

Have been playing snooker seriously for a year now. I have had it suggested to me that I should consider having a custom cue made, otherwise I will be compensating for the cue that is not exactly right for me. Current cue is cheap Bce 1/2 joint which I can pot with fine, but which I feel makes cue ball control very challenging sometimes when used for snooker ; I feel this is because it's too light but I don't know whether it's psychological or what. I've been reading that generally John Parris would be a safe bet to make a high quality cue, but I know little about how cues work, other than butt weight, tip size and joint position.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, I'd suggest going to a shop where you can try a whole range of cues. The problem is that you might not know at the moment exctly what weight etc. suits you best, so a custom cue might not be the best option. Greenbaize in Stockton on tees would be a good place. There are other places like John Parris cues, his shop will have some cues to try, in London. There are other places too, it depwnds where you live.

Comment

To add to james's post Craftsmans Cues in Leeds, West Yorkshire have similar set up, cues you can actually try on their Snooker Table.
      Dependant on where you live of course.

Comment

Ah ok thanks for the advice but unfortunately both of them are way out of my area. Can anybody recommend anywhere nearer to Plymouth?. Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by Eracn View Post
          Hello TSF

Have been playing snooker seriously for a year now. I have had it suggested to me that I should consider having a custom cue made, otherwise I will be compensating for the cue that is not exactly right for me. Current cue is cheap Bce 1/2 joint which I can pot with fine, but which I feel makes cue ball control very challenging sometimes when used for snooker ; I feel this is because it's too light but I don't know whether it's psychological or what. I've been reading that generally John Parris would be a safe bet to make a high quality cue, but I know little about how cues work, other than butt weight, tip size and joint position.
          Any advice would be appreciated.
          Parris is not the only cue maker who makes a high quality cues !!
          as already mantioned by other members, you may wanna consider to go and try the cue before u buy it .

Comment

Originally Posted by Eracn View Post
            Ah ok thanks for the advice but unfortunately both of them are way out of my area. Can anybody recommend anywhere nearer to Plymouth?. Cheers

Sorry mate I'm stuck there then. Good luck on your search though

Comment

Working...
            X