wanted 60 inch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted 60 inch

Hi guys I'm 6'3 been playing snooker now for a long time and over that time people have told me my cue is way to small. If I went to a 60 inch cue do you think I would cue better.

Hi,

I'm 6'2 and since I changed from 58-59 to 62" game improved a lot. Go ahead. If you do not get your elbow down on delivery, get cue long enough so your arm do not hit hard into chest.

Brgds

Comment

There is a consensus that you will not need a cue bigger than about 59" .

What size cue do you currently use ?

Where do you hold it at the butt ?

I was watching the snooker from the UK , and the majority of players hold the butt higher up . With roughly a 2" over hang .

I would suggest trying to find a longer cue and see how you get on with it , rather than going to the expense of getting one made .

What size cue are you currently using ?
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by hse505 View Post
        Hi,

I'm 6'2 and since I changed from 58-59 to 62" game improved a lot. Go ahead. If you do not get your elbow down on delivery, get cue long enough so your arm do not hit hard into chest.

Brgds
        62" cue ....wow . Where do you hold the butt ? right at the back of the cue ?

Comment

Hi I'm using a 58 at the mo tend to hold the cue right at the end and some shots my fingers are over the end. The trouble is now I've got it my head that I need a longer cue so till I get one I won't be happy. None of my friends have a long cue and I know it's exspensive for a custom one. There might be some one on here that might have one for sale. I've found a 58.5 one for bout 250 but can't see half an inch making much of a difference.

Comment

Does your current cue have the small extension that fits into the butt of the cue or does any of your friends cues have this .

Then you could screw this on to see how comfortable you feel , and then this should give an idea of the length you require .

Try Stu at www.greenbaize.com

Very helpful guy with a lot of cues

Or ADR147 on here .

Comment

Good idea I'll ask my mates tonight how did your game inprove hse505 did you find you was pushing thru the cue ball better.I tend to run out of cue on more powerful shots and I seem to throw my shoulder in the shot as well

Comment

Originally Posted by smythe View Post
                Hi guys I'm 6'3 been playing snooker now for a long time and over that time people have told me my cue is way to small. If I went to a 60 inch cue do you think I would cue better.
                how do you cue now, have you a video?

Comment

Don't have a video but what I've been told I think a longer cue would benifit me.

Comment

I have this cue at just under 60 inches on ebay at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1217994341...84.m1555.l2649

Regards

Bitter

Comment

not only is it where you hold the butt (i.e. right at the end?) but also how much bridge distance do you have (i.e. the amount of shaft from your bridge to the cue ball)
                      Many people who think they need a longer cue usually have a very long bridge distance, which if reduced negates the need for a longer cue
                      Also, how far from the cue ball do you have the tip when down on the shot?
                      Last edited by DeanH; 8 December 2015, 02:48 PM.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The amount of cue from bridge to tip is about 8 inches and I cue very close to the cb

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          62" cue ....wow . Where do you hold the butt ? right at the back of the cue ?
                          Length of my hands from fingertip to fingertip 196cm. Believe I should have a longer cue. For long pots I hold right at the end of the cue and still lack of cue on delivery.

Comment

i went down the long cue road a long time ago.
                            i cue at 8" with a 57" cue an im 6'4.

Comment

Did it help having a longer cue, so you are using a 57 inch now

Comment

Working...
                              X