Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by smythe View Post
    Did it help having a longer cue, so you are using a 57 inch now
    i thought it did at the time but the truth was i really needed to learn how to use a cue properly. this was 25yrs ago and yes now i use a 57

Comment

I have a few I could sell!

Comment

I have read that the distance from bridge to tip should be bout 11 - 12 inches how true I dint know

Comment

Hi les147 wot do you have don't mind 2nd one either

Comment

I have read that the distance from bridge to tip should be bout 11 - 12 inches how true I dint know
            I think that's too much

Comment

Hi smythe, is your back arm vertical on address ,if it's behind this may be causing some trouble.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Hi itsnoteasy no my arm is vertical

Comment

Hi my arm is vertical

Comment

Don't have a video but what I've been told I think a longer cue would benifit me.
                    How tall are you ?
                    How long are your arms ?
                    How much cue do you need over your thumb to sight the line of aim properly ?
                    Is your cue arm vertical or slightly behind the vertical at address ?
                    Can you adjust your grip position on your cue, or is your grip position right at the very end of the cue at all times ?

All these questions need to be answered before going down the longer cue road, my answer to all of them proved that I needed a longer cue, I had a cramped style with a standard length cue, needed to straighten out my bridge arm, get more cue over my thumb for sighting, get my cue arm slightly behind the vertical at address so that I didn't bring the shoulder into the stroke. I can also now hold the cue further up the butt when close in and hold it right at the end for distance shots, in effect I can play snooker with the same style as a shorter player with a standard length cue.

Comment

There are some very cheap 60 inchers on eBay ,quite often, I doubt they will be TW standard lol,but if you want to try a longer cue might be worth a punt. I'm 6 ft 1 and play with a 58. I will see if I can find a link for them.
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4MAP60-3...0AAOSwPgxVNlEi There you go. They normally have ash as well but don't seem to have any just now.
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMG-60-TOP...YAAOSweW5VLIw3
                      These look a bit better quality.
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 9 December 2015, 04:23 PM.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thanx itsnoteasy ill take alook

Comment

i think its gonna be a honey moon. sure the cue will go through the white more, but it wont do anything for your timing. timing and long cue are two very different things

Comment

I know timing is a major factor but I do seem to run out of cue on some shots. People over many years and some of them are very accomplished players have said my cue is way to short. Now its in my head and I dont know what I should do. Extend my current cue or go all out and have a custom one made......

Comment

Best advice I could give you is that it all depends on how you play if your tall. You can use a 58 but you have to change your technique so bend both legs to make you more compact or bend your bridging arm. I'm 6 3 I play confectional and play with a longer cue at 61 inches

Comment

Hi Trevor I some times play shots with a bent bridge arm , does help. But some shots when I use power my fingers are over the butt end. I always play with my right leg straight and lead slightly with me left leg. I think a couple of inches will help, thought of getting my cue lengthened but I heard it could open a can of worms. How long have you been using a 61 cue

Comment

Working...
                                X