Burroughs and Watts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burroughs and Watts

Does any body know how good these cues are, they are been made in Sutton Coldfield. Malcolm is his name.

They are now,they took the original b@ watts name in 80s I think.

Comment

Yes your right Jim I paid a visit over there and spoke to Malcolm who makes cues with the B&watts badge. Showed me a lovely cue, the thing is I havnt seen any for sale and I don't know anybody who has bought one recently. Ian

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk
        they dont make cues, its just a name
        You saying they buy them in and badge.

Comment

No I went there on Sat morning had to make a appointment first, he is in Sutton coldfield he told me he makes the cues n showed me one. He also refurbs snooker tables, I have put a small deposit on the cue. But I wanted some feed back on his cues but can't find any.

Comment

Look on his web site it says cue maker

Comment

I'm sure this is the same company that sells cues at most events in Great Yarmouth, whenever there are pool events. I've spoken to them a few times and they reckon they do make their own cues?? One of mates has a pearwood cue that was handmade by them.

Comment

Hi Rob Malcolm at B & Watts seemed genuine told me the cue he showed me was a pair he made for a pro player , one was slightly longer. It seemed a really nice cue, I only went for some advice. But still can't find any cues made buy him around.

Comment

Originally Posted by smythe View Post
                  Hi Rob Malcolm at B & Watts seemed genuine told me the cue he showed me was a pair he made for a pro player , one was slightly longer. It seemed a really nice cue, I only went for some advice. But still can't find any cues made buy him around.
                  I'm sure it's the same company B&W billiards based in the West Midlands? One of my mates uses one, I've played with a few times, seems to be a very nice cue, unfortunately that's where my knowledge ends
                  With them. They always seem to sell a few cues up at the pool comps, know what they are talking about etc.....

How much you looking to spend?

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
                    I'm sure this is the same company that sells cues at most events in Great Yarmouth, whenever there are pool events. I've spoken to them a few times and they reckon they do make their own cues?? One of mates has a pearwood cue that was handmade by them.
                    Two companies in the Midlands with similar names, you mean B&W Billiards Rob. Burroughs and Watts is a different place.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                      Two companies in the Midlands with similar names, you mean B&W Billiards Rob. Burroughs and Watts is a different place.
                      Oops, that's exactly who I mean, B&W billiards I'll shut up now

Comment

Hi Markz your right two different cue makers, Rob I'm looking for a longer than standard cue , budget £250 mark the one he had was 58.5 inches.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
                          Oops, that's exactly who I mean, B&W billiards I'll shut up now
                          Couple of friends use B&W billiards cues, I've only used them for repairs. Their cue makers are Dean and Julian. I'm sure there is an old thread on here somewhere about the other Borroughs and Watts company.

Comment

He has a web site markz

Comment

Originally Posted by smythe View Post
                              He has a web site markz
                              Hi smythe, this is the other thread I was on about if it helps, was from about 12 months ago.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...light=Midlands

Comment

Working...
                              X