No announcement yet.

Chinese 8 Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

break cue ferrules. short and long are fine for positive rotations..
    so the pro mo is china-8b, cool highbreed
    the next break though will be brass ferrules for pool cues but sh dont tell anyone

i put together my pool cue and its great, extended club cue hand planed down to a 29mm butt and a 12mm low cut break ferrule. plays any table:

Last edited by j6uk; 11 December 2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Table is 9 x 5 , snooker template pockets and American balls . Saw Gareth Dec 2nd , playing Chinese 8 ball in his club with Lee ( Kendall ) , said he was off to China for a tournament on the Thursday . Next time I see him I will ask if he has kept original spec of 11.7 mm , because that was a 2014 spec and perhaps he has fine tuned the cue as he has progressed . Good game to play and watch, no flukes , nominate every ball etc , massive overseas .

Comment

Hi Mike,
        Two of my friends using your cues now. One is 9.5 mm another one is 10.2 mm. But in their opinion your cue is slightly too stiff for this game.
        Usually, the China made cue plays rock hard with little stiff, the tip size is around 9.8 mm -- 10.5 mm. These cues do have a fat shaft which focused stable accuracy far more than cue spin.
        Hope it helps.
        Alex

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          break cue ferrules. short and long are fine for positive rotations..
          so the pro mo is china-8b, cool highbreed
          the next break though will be brass ferrules for pool cues but sh dont tell anyone

i put together my pool cue and its great, extended club cue hand planed down to a 29mm butt and a 12mm low cut break ferrule. plays any table:

Brass ferrules? Why? They will deflect like crazy, especially with larger diameter shafts. Absolutely no advantage there.

This is another personal preference thang. Daz, who recently won 100 large at chinese 8 ball, against snooker players BTW, plays with a predator 314-2 shaft, which is 12.75mm. I'm sure Gaz plays with something slightly smaller.

Players like what they like. Snooker or english pool players tend to prefer smaller; Taiwanese/chinese or american players prefer larger. Choose your poison.

Comment

should be more and more chinese customers ordering cues from you for 8 ball are they?
            yes, there is no standard spec for this game.some play with american pool cues some with snooker cues.
            but they have one thing in common at least :the larger ferrule size.the best range of the size of well playability is 9.8 to 13 in my opinion
            it is said that maple shafts (pool cues) has more responsive and help for spin,and the snooker cues can keep accurate because of the smaller ferrule.

i have been using snooker cue,by the way,but i didn't play 8 ball often.
            Last edited by crazybeans; 3 February 2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by crazybeans View Post
              should be more and more chinese customers ordering cues from you for 8 ball are they?
              yes, there is no standard spec for this game.some play with american pool cues some with snooker cues.
              but they have one thing in common at least :the larger ferrule size.the best range of the size of well playability is 9.8 to 13 in my opinion
              it is said that maple shafts (pool cues) has more responsive and help for spin,and the snooker cues can keep accurate because of the smaller ferrule.

i have been using snooker cue,by the way,but i didn't play 8 ball often.
              In the recent World Masters, there were many more chinese players than in previous tournaments - two things struck me. Firstly, most of them used snooker cues, and secondly, there were some FANTASTIC players, really talented cueists.

We should all be looking east.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                In the recent World Masters, there were many more chinese players than in previous tournaments - two things struck me. Firstly, most of them used snooker cues, and secondly, there were some FANTASTIC players, really talented cueists.

We should all be looking east.
                Yeah, I agree it,specially as a Chinese.
                The recent World Masters?Did you meant Chinese 8 ball World Masters Championship?If so,there's a 50-50 usage between snooker cues and pool cues.It's why people have been arguing this in China.But I didn't see any point in it,facts proved that whichever you use,only hard practices create top players.
                Last edited by crazybeans; 4 February 2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X