Advice when trying cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
    I'm thinking of having it shortened by one inch as I was recommended a shorter cue by John. He said I could send the cue back and have it shortened. Would this change the balance point by much? I guess this would be compensated by the fact that it would fit me better and I wouldn't have so much of the butt end hanging out most shots.
    Hi James, I shouldn't worry too much about the balance point. Your cue is brand new and John Parris would make sure your gonna get your cue back in as good condition as when you sent it back.

I had an old Elite myself 57" and it needed a new ferrule, was shortened by 1/4", got to say the shaft felt too stiff for me then and it felt too short. I now use a Trevor White and its 59". Like aucott says I'd be more inclined to just hold the cue further up, it's not much on a 57" cue. I'm probably having to hold my cue higher up than you would have to and I'm doing fine. It's all down to the individual though.

Comment

Advice when trying cues

If you've got a decent cue James stick with it - nothing to be gained with this buying, selling and modifying cue business just practice enjoy repeat

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
        What a great looking shaft that is, always been one of my favourite designs the elite, it stands the test of time much like plain ebony, and the Parris Traditional design.

Did John have many stock cues on display to choose from ?

Comment

Working...
        X