Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burroughes & Watts BURWAT Champion vs Riley Cue? Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burroughes & Watts BURWAT Champion vs Riley Cue? Any good?

Hi guys,

I recently posted about the replica of the burroughens & Watts Ye Olde ash cue. That got me thinking about playing with a real genuine burroughes & watts cue so I have seen a BURWAT Champion for sale on ebay below. My question is does anyone have experience in playing with these cues? I hear that the Burwat is also a great playing cue as well as being collectible.

Also I hear the really old riley Tombstonecues are great players? One below also that looks to be in good condition.

Any thoughts on this cue would be good also if anyone knows much about old cues. If there is anything I need to look for or anything that jumps out please let me know.

ebay item 111851787099 - BURWAT

ebay item 111851766128 - EJ RILEY TOMBSTONE

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Dave

Burroughes & Watts BURWAT Champion vs Riley Cue? Any good?

with burwatts watch out for the splices having lifted,as the wood shrinks the lead pushes the splice out,as with any cue how it plays you won't know until you try it

Comment

every cue is different, for example the riley tombstone I have used in the past was very whippy and the Burwat Champ was very good; but that was those two any others will/could be very different.
      no help here then :wink:
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Odd that its for sale from someone in doncaster and that youre from doncaster...cynical people would think youre drumming up intetest in your own ebay items...
        H.b.142

Comment

Well I'm Harworth, North Notts but classed as Donny still Going to view these tomorrow, will have a look out for those points for sure.

Comment

Had a tombstone and a burwat champ..the tombstone was very whippy..but the champ was not too bad..still not as stiff as a modern cue which I prefer

Comment

Working...
            X