MW cue seen on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW cue seen on TV

I have just seen an MW legend being used on TV by Mark Gray during the world 9 ball championships.
    Is this the first ever time?

How do you know it's a Legend ?

Comment

It's a guess but it had a black spin ferrule, with all ebony butt. I don't know of any other cue maker who uses a black ferrule. Keep an eye out for Mark Gray on sky sports 4 world 9 ball championships

Comment

Could just be a black fibre ferrule, plenty of people could get hold of them. Altho Mike was asking the other day about 9 ball specs for cues, so who really knows. A while back Stamford cues had a black ferule out, Ebdon was using one for a while.
        Just coz it's black doesn't mean it's Mike's
        Last edited by jrc750; 18 December 2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

sure there must be many US/Canadian/Japanese cue makers that use black ferrule material in the US-pool world?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            sure there must be many US/Canadian/Japanese cue makers that use black ferrule material in the US-pool world?
            Black ferrules are common over here, in fact I have a stock of them to use for replacements
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I did some research and his cue is in fact a Robin Cook hand made cue with ash shaft and ebony butt with a phenolic ferrule.
              I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
                I did some research and his cue is in fact a Robin Cook hand made cue with ash shaft and ebony butt with a phenolic ferrule.
                I stand corrected.
                lololololololololol
                #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Hey Bolton, you played with the deformed swamp ash JP you waited over 2 years for? Haha

Comment

For US pool they mostly use white for playing cues. I have seen some brands use black for breaking cues though. There are quite a few in Canada and Australia who use black ferrules for snooker/UK pool. A lot of Australia's best UK pool players are using them now.

On this topic, the strangest, most recent innovation in our UK pool scene is a nylon ferrule made by Steve Chapman near Brisbane that extends like a radar dish, from about 9-9.5 mm at the end of the shaft to about 11 mm where the tip is fitted.

It's used by Rusty Wheeler (twice Australian champion) and a couple of other players in the Gold Coast area. I've never met Steve but he's known for experimenting and this idea matches the research showing that deflection can be reduced by maximising contact surface area while minimising end mass.

In my opinion it probably does something very similar to a mushroom tip but would help keep the tip neater and possibly make it last longer.
                    Last edited by eaoin11; 22 December 2015, 12:59 AM.
                    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

james cahill used a wooldridge on tv during a good run recently.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

his wooldridge maple with the single burl splice is in hong kong now....

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                          his wooldridge maple with the single burl splice is in hong kong now....
                          yep - i know it went up for sale and I was asked to find a new one but thus far have been too lazy to look!
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                          X