Shaft Flex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaft Flex

I read lots of posts with medium flex, stiff and no doubts there must be a description for whippy.

How does everyone categorise the flexes as maybe we could end up buying a cue that one person thinks is medium flex which is another persons stiff.

It keeps popping u and been meaning to run it past you guys for thoughts?
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Well impossible to measure, and people's views will vary, best to get a figure of 1 to 10 on it with 10 being rock solid, might give you a closer clue on it?

Comment

Every cue ever sold is an 8...
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

All I know is every cue I have tried from various makers in the last couple of years have been stiff to the point of lifeless.

The cue with most life in it and using now is a Maximus Ultimate. Plenty of action in that cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
          Every cue ever sold is an 8...
          Hahaha yeah best answer to give 😅

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
            All I know is every cue I have tried from various makers in the last couple of years have been stiff to the point of lifeless......
            My last 3 Trevor White cues were all too stiff for me !
            My Wooly sinbin is perfect tho ☺

Comment

its all subjective, one mans trash and all that.

i prefer a stiffer cue so id say mines an 8

Comment

Surely a stiffer cue is an 8.8, a whippy one would be 8.1

Comment

All I know is every cue I have tried from various makers in the last couple of years have been stiff to the point of lifeless.

The cue with most life in it and using now is a Maximus Ultimate. Plenty of action in that cue.
                  I know it's hard to describe but what does a cue with " life" in it feel like? What's the difference between that and a lifeless cue and how do you know if you have one with plenty of action? I played with an omin cue and thought it was stiff as a poker but Byrom played with it and described it as lively, to be honest I didn't have a clue what he was on about( I'll edit that when his bans up lol).
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    I know it's hard to describe but what does a cue with " life" in it feel like? What's the difference between that and a lifeless cue and how do you know if you have one with plenty of action? I played with an omin cue and thought it was stiff as a poker but Byrom played with it and described it as lively, to be honest I didn't have a clue what he was on about( I'll edit that when his bans up lol).
                    who?

:wink:
                    should be up soon?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      What I have found for me is that when I consider a cue too stiff I can't get much action on the white and it's a struggle to move it about. I have pretty decent cue power so I can tell straight away. Also, breaking off the white will push too thick into the pack. Tried different tips with no change plus you get that horrible clunky sound on the hit.

I asked Stu at Greenbaize to try a few cues for me and send me the one he felt had more 'life' in it and he got it spot on. From the first shot I could move the white around with little effort and it sounded nice as well.

I have never understood about how the main cue makers send a cue out to you with no idea how it will play as the recipient will be the first person to hit a shot with it!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        who?

:wink:
                        should be up soon?
                        For some reason I just pictured Steve McQueen coming out of the cooler after reading your post haha

Comment

I found out to the expense of my wallet that most cuemakers do make their cues too stiff. When I ordered my MW I pushed the point with Mike and described what I wanted and he hit it spot on. However, this subjective call is difficult as it's different for everyone.

I find I agree with guernsey above, as I have a very stiff 21oz 3/4-butt here and with identical tips and identical shots I get much more action on the cueball with my MW. The 21oz is a stiff cue and my MW is medium. Every player who has tried out my MW loves it and a few have ordered from Mike using my definition.
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

You can now choose 3 levels of shaft stiffness from Mike wooldridge's website very stiff, medium and low stiffness

Comment

could'nt agree more .
                              I have also tried few maximus ultimates. All of them wr responsive and great players.

Comment

Working...
                              X