No announcement yet.

taper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like a nice job you done on that catch, i take it you cut that club cue down right?
    looks very much like my playing cue

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      looks like a nice job you done on that catch, i take it you cut that club cue down right?
      looks very much like my playing cue
      Thanks J .Yeah it's a broken club cue I was given . you can just see on the bit that I cut off there Is big wedge that had broken away from the shaft . So I cut it off and then cut the butt up to the weight . The weight is approx 15mm from the end of the cue .

You were spot on about the 11mm tip ....much easier for him to hit the ball

Maybe a tad heavy for my son but the weights in those club cues are stainless steel rods and I didn't fancy wrestling it out . Plus the balance point is almost bang on the start of the splices , so it's like a regular cue haha

He's only 3 but he likes everything to be the same as daddies , so it's more like a real cue for him .

The cue is up to the top of his head so he will get some use out of it before he needs a proper stick .

I gave it a test run last night and although it's just a novelty project , it's actually an ok cue . It has a thick taper so I expected it to be stiff and dead but surprisingly I get a wee bit of reaction out of it . Throws a bit with side but it screws back well

Was funny watching grown men trying to play screw shots with a tiny cue .
      Last edited by Catch 22; 4 January 2016, 10:20 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
      X