No announcement yet.

Ferrule help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May have a point there Vmax, my ferrule wasn't threaded, don't know what ferrule Dave put on but it definitely came back with a different one.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

You can always mark the ferrule with ink marker and shaft in pencil to line back up.

Comment

Threaded ferrules are ok but they contain more brass so the cue ball throws a tad more. That's why a lot of cue makers use unthreaded thin wall brass ferrules. But that's a different can of worms!

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
          Hi mate, I had exactly the same problem and made a bodge of glueing back on with superglue. My cue was a John Parris but I took it to my nearest snooker shop, explained like yourself cue was right size so didn't want it cut off. I'd heard they can heat up the ferrule to soften glue then remove it. The company I took mine to decided to ignore me and ended up cutting it off making my cue too short. I was gutted as 2 weeks before I'd knocked in my first ever game century.

If I was you I'd take it somewhere and explain just replace ferrule without cutting down. Notice your Scottish flag on profile, plenty options up there for cue makers that could help.
          I can't believe they did that and they deserve to be sued. What a bunch of cowboys. Just a few weeks after your first ton that must have been a massive blow. How did they react when you told them they had just wreaked your cue? The golden rule of any decent cue doctor is to be certain of exactly what the customer wants.

edit: I just remembered that I once got more added to the butt of my cue because it was too short and I asked for a few inches. That's exactly what he did and it made it too long. My own stupid fault of course and eventually I put it in a vice and used a hacksaw to take an inch off which removed the brass plate I had also asked him to fit.
          Last edited by MrRottweiler; 30 December 2015, 08:01 PM.
          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
          X