Hunt & O'Byrne Black Plate Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Tavbet View Post
    They may well have done some dodgy copies but I had this made BY Hunt & O'Byrne personally near London Bridge and had two 'fittings' during the 4 weeks they took to make it!
    No not copies but supplied to h.o

Comment

any clear pics ? i am interesting to buy it

Comment

Tavbet. Were they not at the Elephant and Castle at one stage? I lived in Camberwell and seem to remember popping into the H&O showroom to look for a pool cue. Loooong time ago!
        Last edited by Bigmeek; 2 January 2016, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Nice investment mate!

Comment

Originally Posted by palyujl View Post
            any clear pics ? i am interesting to buy it
            I'll try to get some clearer pics up but sadly it is not for sale, really only interested for insurance purposes (just don't tell the missus cos she will go Garritty!)

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
              Tavbet. Were they not at the Elephant and Castle at one stage? I lived in Camberwell and seem to remember popping into the H&O showroom to look for a pool cue. Loooong time ago!
              Not sure Bigmeek. I used to work for the Dept of the Environment and we had an office (with two tables in the basement!) just opposite Butlers Wharf where they had a workshop so naturally that was where I went.

Comment

fair enough

Comment

Couple more photos - hopefully a bit clearer (bear with me I am on a steep learning curve!
                  [IMG]2 by Gary Tavender, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  [IMG]1 by Gary Tavender, on Flickr[/IMG]
                  [IMG]4 by Gary Tavender, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

Insurance purposes got to be £1500 in my book .

Meet someone a couple of days ago who has 2 ! one ash and the other maple .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      Insurance purposes got to be £1500 in my book .

Meet someone a couple of days ago who has 2 ! one ash and the other maple .
                      Cheers Neil!

That's one lucky fella . Just after I bought mine a friend went along and had one made. Only had it a few months before deciding he didnt like it and sold it on. I will love winding him up now knowing how much it is worth

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                        Yes H&B had a small shop unit in the Elephant & Castle shopping mall. I remember it being quite a small shop with a selection of cues. I'm not sure if they had a workshop at the back.

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                          Yes H&B had a small shop unit in the Elephant & Castle shopping mall. I remember it being quite a small shop with a selection of cues. I'm not sure if they had a workshop at the back.
                          they had a big workshop in coventry, except it wasn't theirs lol

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                            they had a big workshop in coventry, except it wasn't theirs lol
                            would that be Aeon Cues?

did they not also do all the jointed cues for them as well, as H&Ob did not have their own lathe at the time
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              would that be Aeon Cues?
                              fifth amendment, or is that the right to bear arms lol

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                                fifth amendment, or is that the right to bear arms lol

don't think this is a secret, just a not well known working partnership that they had at the time.
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X