Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Hybrid L8

Well i think some of you must think this is like Swearing in church
    but has anybody any experience of the Riley Hybrid L8 cue?

I find it a bit interesting, and i just wonder if you could share your opinion on it.

pleas don't answer with questions like. My god how can you even consider a cue like that!!

This is the one I'm talking about
    http://www.rileyleisure.com/products...ybrid-l8-cue-1

regards Ronnie

To be honest it looks interesting! Although what a laminated ash shaft looks like heaven knows?

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
      To be honest it looks interesting! Although what a laminated ash shaft looks like heaven knows?
      I don't know either? But they use these shafts in there elegance series. And these cues selling from 217-530£
      so i guess it most be good in some way?

Comment

From what I can see of the shaft it doesn't look anything like any laminated shaft I have seen before, looks like a normal ash shaft but it's hard to tell. Is it a pool cue? Just wondering what's the point in a rubber grip?
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          From what I can see of the shaft it doesn't look anything like any laminated shaft I have seen before, looks like a normal ash shaft but it's hard to tell. Is it a pool cue? Just wondering what's the point in a rubber grip?
          Know that we always put rubber grip on our carom cues (when I played it many years ago), but it was more a sticky grip. Do not think this grip is the same, think it is more a smooth surface on the rubber.
          Wondering how the grip handle an extender? Is not a smart extender, so you have to use a push on extender. Hmmm?????

Comment

Originally Posted by ronfor0603 View Post
            I don't know either? But they use these shafts in there elegance series. And these cues selling from 217-530£
            so i guess it most be good in some way?
            Buying a cue is down to each individual preference but £217-£530 is way to much for what I would call a low end cue. I don't claim to be an expert in cues but if your going to spend that sort of money then buy from one of the bigger cue makers around.

Comment

maybe not what you are thinking, not like the longitudinally laminated shafts we see from Coutts, etc; but this Riley cue is radially constructed
              http://www.rileyleisure.com/userFile...ML5Viewer.html click on "shaft" to see the eight sectors
              this method has been used for many years in US pool cues, but of course usually in maple
              so with Ash the shaft will probably not be that too different from a usual ash shaft but with obvious changes at the joins
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
                Buying a cue is down to each individual preference but £217-£530 is way to much for what I would call a low end cue. I don't claim to be an expert in cues but if your going to spend that sort of money then buy from one of the bigger cue makers around.
                I wasn't planning to by one of the elegance series. Was thinking of the hybrid cue, same shaft as the one's in the elegance series. But it costs only 100£
                100 $ from the states.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  maybe not what you are thinking, not like the longitudinally laminated shafts we see from Coutts, etc; but this Riley cue is radially constructed
                  http://www.rileyleisure.com/userFile...ML5Viewer.html click on "shaft" to see the eight sectors
                  this method has been used for many years in US pool cues, but of course usually in maple
                  so with Ash the shaft will probably not be that too different from a usual ash shaft but with obvious changes at the joins
                  not with 8 radially pieces ! ash has 4 sides top, bottom ,sides. so it will be all sides, all v"s or a mixture, try and draw it!. the section they show is 8 splices on the same shaft, do you think they will use the same piece of timber?
                  Last edited by golferson123; 2 January 2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

not with 8 radially pieces ! ash has 4 sides top, bottom ,sides. so it will be all sides, all v"s or a mixture, try and draw it!
                    ah gotcha, 4 quadrants of ash! now that would satisfy all those chevron-nuts! :biggrin:
                    others may call it "a mess" :wink:
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      ah gotcha, 4 quadrants of ash! now that would satisfy all those chevron-nuts! :biggrin:
                      others may call it "a mess" :wink:
                      spot on ,mess i think but would still like to see it lol

Comment

I chickened out , felt that there were too many question marks with this cue. Bought one of these instead. http://www.cueandcase.co.uk/bce-heri...n-and-case-set

Though it is quite new for me too, have tried a similar and it felt okay.
                        Should only take away the awful lacquer

Oil it up! then it is ready to be played with

thanks for your comments.
                        Regards/Ronnie

Comment

Working...
                        X