Mike Wooldridge Virtual Cue Maker 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by andi mack View Post
    To be fair it's not much harder on a PC (even if you are a bit tipsy). I guess you'll have to lock the ipad away if you go out for a few snifters, that or hide anything she can use to kill you .
    Don'nt worry ,, she's gonna use sumthing els to kill you anyway . women are smart lol !!

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      It was just a joke Ramon, I can see myself coming in after a couple of snifters, building myself a cue and just clicking buy it now lol, swiftly followed by a foot up the rear end from my mrs. To easily done on app type things.
      you can have a bit of fun in ur life my friend . nothing wrong with it !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
        Don'nt worry ,, she's gonna use sumthing els to kill you anyway . women are smart lol !!
        Ha! Very nice Ramon, they are indeed, too smart for me that's for sure.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
          Why doesn't the VCM just give you the price once you have made your selection?
          Because I want to have a good laugh at some of the cues you people design first

Also, in my experience, serious buyers choose the cue not the price, and I do not want to encourage people to dilute their 'dream' cue down to a price point that suits them but is actually quite different to what they would buy if they could afford it.

Plus, there is a further, game changing, feature of the new VCM which those who requested quotes will soon find out about and will explain the main reason why a quote cannot be automatically displayed.

Also, it would be good if you could save multiple cues in your locker.
          Of course. Maybe that's an option already built into the app. Just saying...
          Last edited by MikeWooldridge; 9 January 2016, 11:51 AM.
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by desso View Post
            Dear Mike have you started sending out quotation yet lol
            Not quite. Soon though

Mike whatever you do don't make an app for the iPad , or I will site you in my divorce papers
            Oops, maybe you should start planning your single life as I am using the beta app on my iPad to review the quotes as we speak
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
              Because I want to have a good laugh at some of the cues you people design first

Also, in my experience, serious buyers choose the cue, not the price and I do not want to encourage people to dilute their 'dream' cue down to a price point that suits them but is actually quite different to what they would buy if they could afford it.

Plus, there is a further, game changing, feature of the new VCM which those who requested quotes will soon find out about and will explain the main reason why a quote cannot be automatically displayed.

Of course. Maybe that's an option already built into the app. Just saying...
              Your right about serious buyers.

When building our bespoke cues on the VCM can we have the option of choosing what style of shaft we have? Some people prefer a certain type of look to a shaft. I know your cues are made with the perfect feel no matter how many chevrons are on the shaft (hats why I have ordered one) but true buyers of the very best cues in he world will definitely appreciate the option of that perfect looking shaft. No matter what it costs.

Comment

Your right about serious buyers.

When building our bespoke cues on the VCM can we have the option of choosing what style of shaft we have? Some people prefer a certain type of look to a shaft. I know your cues are made with the perfect feel no matter how many chevrons are on the shaft (hats why I have ordered one) but true buyers of the very best cues in he world will definitely appreciate the option of that perfect looking shaft. No matter what it costs.
                a comments box has been added to the quote page now so you have the chance to specify extras there.
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

a comments box has been added to the quote page now so you have the chance to specify extras there.
                  Do I get a percentage of all the people that go through with buying a cue with the added extra of a perfect shaft with evenly spaced chevrons? It was my idea after all.

It would be awesome if you could pick the shaft. On your web page where you explain what shafts are premium. A serious buyer could chose his perfect shaft instead of just asking for it. It would give the buyer a perfect look at his dream cue once he has gone through all the options.
                  Last edited by LucLex3119; 9 January 2016, 11:58 AM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Do I get a percentage of all the people that go through with buying a cue with the added extra of a perfect shaft with evenly spaced chevrons? It was my idea after all.
                    lol, not quite. just because you said it does not mean it was your idea. trust me, i've already thought of that plus many more things and implementing them all is not straightforward so some things have to be approached from a different angle.

It would be awesome if you could pick the shaft. On your web page where you explain what shafts are premium. A serious buyer could chose his perfect shaft instead of just asking for it. It would give the buyer a perfect look at his dream cue once he has gone through all the options.
                    i agree but there is a limit to what a customer could, or should be able to, specify. shafts that are similar to what a customer wants is reasonable but to try to pinpoint it to an almost exact 'picture' is not.

we are not dealing with a manufactured component, wood grows how it wants and only available wood can be used at any one time. if that fits close to an idea then great but it cannot be expected to be something that can be strictly specified as such.
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

How about giving the customer a choice of say 3 (or maybe 5) shafts you have available which you consider to be suitable ??
                      Would that be too much trouble tho ??

Comment

lol, not quite. just because you said it does not mean it was your idea. trust me, i've already thought of that plus many more things and implementing them all is not straightforward so some things have to be approached from a different angle.

i agree but there is a limit to what a customer could, or should be able to, specify. shafts that are similar to what a customer wants is reasonable but to try to pinpoint it to an almost exact 'picture' is not.

we are not dealing with a manufactured component, wood grows how it wants and only available wood can be used at any one time. if that fits close to an idea then great but it cannot be expected to be something that can be strictly specified as such.
                        Mike I appreciate all your comments and info but if you don't get off this forum and get back to making cues your waiting times will reach the dizzying heights of Parris.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          How about giving the customer a choice of say 3 (or maybe 5) shafts you have available which you consider to be suitable ??
                          That's quite clever Jrc, quick photo, pick the one you like ,get on with the job. Although I don't know how it works on a large scale and if you have thousands to do, could be time consuming, I reckon Mike should just make you all have maple cues ,save him all the hassle lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            i usually deliver what the customer wants if they specify certain types of shaft so i don't feel it's a necessary requirement. but maybe other makers need to offer that, based on the crap i see on a regular basis...

if you mean you want me to go round taking photos then yes, that is too much trouble for the following reasons:

1) i do not have that time to waste
                            2) shafts appearances change as they go through various sizing stages
                            3) photos never show exactly what the shaft is actually like when it's in your hands
                            4) i prefer for people to trust in me and my judgement

photos are a guide of course, but no more than that. you can't see the twists in the grain, you can't see the 'real' difference/distance between the grain lines and arrows. my point is that i can send you a photo of a shaft that you would say 'yes please, i want that', but i would know it is not as 'nice' as you think it is based on your one glimpse of a two dimensional angled photo. that's where trust comes in. i already discount those shafts when i choose a shaft for someone so, personally speaking, all i need is an idea what is wanted, or even a photo of another shaft to know what to look for.

but maybe you could send your idea to parris?...
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

That's quite clever Jrc, quick photo, pick the one you like ,get on with the job.
                              lol. see above.

Although I don't know how it works on a large scale and if you have thousands to do, could be time consuming
                              neither do i cos i am not working on a large scale. but i would guess if somebody is making thousands then it is actually much easier cos you simply give one of the employees the job of taking photos.

I reckon Mike should just make you all have maple cues ,save him all the hassle lol.
                              i hate maple, should be banned. but i have enough great ash to last me a lifetime
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Why don't you like maple?

Comment

Working...
                                X