yeah, it should have a thousand splices for 1095 but I bet it won't. lol

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
      yeah, it should have a thousand splices for 1095 but I bet it won't. lol
      Let's not go there please

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
        Let's not go there please
        Sorry bud. How much would a plain ebony 1 piece cost with Blackspin, anyone know?
        Last edited by barrywhite; 22 January 2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I know MW makes a good cue but 1095, seriously, that's more than Parris, 500 more than TW/Glover and you'd get 2 1/2 cues out of TP/AT.

Each to their own but these prices are steep.
          Without knowing exactly what lex picked, it's hard to say if it's pricey or not.

I've just done a quick quote on the parris site for a 2 splice ultimate and with extension etc it's saying just under £1200. add in the 3+ year wait and suddenly £1095 and a cue in your hand in a matter of weeks / months doesn't seem so bad does it?

As the saying goes something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.
          Andi Mack

Comment

Well I got my VCM quote back today for £1035 for a 3/4 butt , ash , ebony butt with 4 secondary cocobolo splices plus the 2 F1 extensions which are about £110 the pair IIRC , so that puts the cue at just over the £900 mark which is on par with a lot of JPU's , with a lead time of around 4months versus 2 years plus for a JPU. Just depends whether you rate MW 's work on a par/ better than his competitors. I know in my limited experience that I certainly do!

Comment

Originally Posted by David Pleym View Post
              Well I got my VCM quote back today for £1035 for a 3/4 butt , ash , ebony butt with 4 secondary cocobolo splices plus the 2 F1 extensions which are about £110 the pair IIRC , so that puts the cue at just over the £900 mark which is on par with a lot of JPU's , with a lead time of around 4months versus 2 years plus for a JPU. Just depends whether you rate MW 's work on a par/ better than his competitors. I know in my limited experience that I certainly do!
              Over a JP ultimate, every single time.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Sorry bud. How much would a plain ebony 1 piece cost with Blackspin, anyone know?
                According to his site, legends start at £495.
                Andi Mack

Comment

Mike Wooldridge Virtual Cue Maker 2016

my quote came back at £1450, though I did use copious amounts of snakewood.
                  Last edited by billabong; 22 January 2016, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                    my quote came back at £1450, though I did use copious amounts of snakewood.
                    yes. so much so that nobody else wanted to quote it considering it will cost a couple of hundred to buy, and likely to split down the line.

my price reflects the stock i've built over years and the time/attention to detail that would go into that mother*cker of a design...
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by andi mack View Post
                      Without knowing exactly what lex picked, it's hard to say if it's pricey or not.

I've just done a quick quote on the parris site for a 2 splice ultimate and with extension etc it's saying just under £1200. add in the 3+ year wait and suddenly £1095 and a cue in your hand in a matter of weeks / months doesn't seem so bad does it?

As the saying goes something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.
                      well said, it really is that simple.

besides, i strongly believe in choice, which is why my customers now have the option to purchase cheaper, if budget is what drives their purchase.

difficult to see why some would still choose to criticise or have sly digs, but i guess some people are just born c*nts.
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Got my quote and i am more than happy with it!

This is the Cue and the price is great and still in the 3 figure market which is a bonus as i expected a low 4 figure number back but i will not get into posting exact prices on here cause posters will just compare and sook complaining about everything they can between Cues.

Anyway thanks Mike and i will be paying very soon as soon as i get back to work Wednesday from my holiday break so i will be in contact mate Via EMail.
                        If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

• Why do folk always have to tell other folk how to spend their own money? If you want it and can afford it good luck to everyone who buys any cue, I for one hope it's the best cue you ever have, no matter who you buy it from.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                            yes. so much so that nobody else wanted to quote it considering it will cost a couple of hundred to buy, and likely to split down the line.

my price reflects the stock i've built over years and the time/attention to detail that would go into that mother*cker of a design...
                            Yeah, sorry about that. I did get a bit carried away with myself. At least I know now how much I'd need to set aside

for such a design.

Comment

• Great post, Itsnoteasy mate. If everyone were to think like that, we would surely have a more peaceful, loving and tolerating forum that has real good sharing posts to benefit all, instead of banterings and insults. Cheers.

Comment

• [URL=http://s482.photobucket.com/user/2v1977wt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-01/FC7235DA-E534-4458-B701-5C0848F51782_zpsfqtk7zxz.png.html][/URL

Please see picture of my most recent VCM cue. Gonna take it to TSF snooker competition.

And before any of you start YES I am still using the 2v1977 photbucket account that me and my twin brother have been using on this forum for over a year now. So please don't bother commenting about it. The owners and the mods know all about it.
                                Last edited by LucLex3119; 23 January 2016, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X