B&W Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&W Cues

Custom cues from £270 (Rosewood). Has anyone had a cue off them? Located in the Black Country of the Midlands.

I'm tempted by the Baron cue: http://bandwbilliards.co.uk/cues_detail.php?ID=24 £390 for mpingo is pretty cheap, if it's made well?

Haven't seen their cues, but I bought a case off them which was great quality, but arrived with slight damage. Took me weeks to resolve and only sorted it when I threatened them with legal action.

Comment

They quoted UPS mail £300 to make a shaft to go on my Parris that they broke in transit. I refused obviously and asked Parris for a quote, they emailed yesterday quoting £230 for a new shaft. I was very puzzled why B&W were more expensive.

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
        They quoted UPS mail £300 to make a shaft to go on my Parris that they broke in transit. I refused obviously and asked Parris for a quote, they emailed yesterday quoting £230 for a new shaft. I was very puzzled why B&W were more expensive.
        I bet Andy Travis would undercut Parris by a huge chunk too !!!

Comment

Maybe they make them from a square ash blank ?

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
            Maybe they make them from a square ash blank ?
            And air dried of course

Comment

I assumed just by name alone Parris would be more expensive than some random company. Does that say Parris is using a poor ash? Is there such a thing as poor ash? Why would B&W billiards cost more than Parris?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                I bet Andy Travis would undercut Parris by a huge chunk too !!!
                It sounds like you have misread the post! Parris undercut B&W billiards.

Comment

No i read it correctly, i was implying that even Parris seems very expensive at £230, and that i bet you could get it cheaper if you try

Comment

he got it right but i think he should have started with (and)

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      No i read it correctly, i was implying that even Parris seems very expensive at £230, and that i bet you could get it cheaper if you try
                      Ok got ya.

I might ask Andy Travis if he can put a shaft on to the Parris but and then sell it as a 'Parris Travis Hybrid'

Comment

I would be more interested in buying the Travis half lol.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Now now gents, Parris ain't cheap but he does make cues for champions. Few cue makers can claim the same. And he does have cue builder and the carousel, something that was quite innovative many years back.

Personally, I think his work overpriced and below the quality of the best makers. I think his joints, like TW's are clunk click, horrid noise and contact, like something cracked. But then again, I prefer a one-piece so that equation is of no interest to me. Yeah, Travis, TP, J6, the bargain makers who are also at the top of the tree. Owen was among that crowd once, until Bangkok called. Shame, love his designs, work and splicing.

Anyway, if anyone has a review of how a B&W cue plays, fire ahead.
                          Last edited by barrywhite; 9 January 2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X