No announcement yet.

Sanding of my cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you like the feel of a cue thats got laquer on its not a problem to get the cue to feel right.
    my cue is a club cue and has lac but iv taken the first 15" off and it plays fine. if you take away the lac off the whole cue you could loose what you like about it, meaning youd could take away some of its vibe and feel

Comment

Is that right J, thanks for the info, I have been cutting back the finish on a cheap Grand cue I bought as I love the way it plays, I'm just stroking everything in and the cue balls just reacting , But I have been doing it all the way down. I have just been taking a little bit off at a time so I haven't got anywhere near the wood yet, think I will stop at where I am.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I have a Craftsman cue that i like to resand, regrain and re-oil.
        Anybody knows how to do this (the regraining in particular and which steps to take)?
        I have both aurora cue oil and regrain. They used to have a website with how to do this but it's offline..

Comment

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
          I have a Craftsman cue that i like to resand, regrain and re-oil.
          Anybody knows how to do this (the regraining in particular and which steps to take)?
          I have both aurora cue oil and regrain. They used to have a website with how to do this but it's offline..
          see the link in pst #15 to Mike Wooldridge's instructions on doing what you want to do.
          Note the instruction to do straight sanding only, that means do not twist the cue as you sanding, only go in straight with the grain sanding action
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
          X