• Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    Only if they pot balls by themselves
    I wish we had Sumthing like that, it would save everyone a lot of trouble

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
      I wish we had Sumthing like that, it would save everyone a lot of trouble
      then buy off Fedia/Ultimate147/?? off ebay, as he used to advertise his JPUs as all potting balls by themselves :biggrin:
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        then buy off Fedia/Ultimate147/?? off ebay, as he used to advertise his JPUs as all potting balls by themselves :biggrin:
        wait until I've won the lottery my friend. I may give it a try !!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          essentially yes. but they will have to meet my quality control standards.
          The reaction to this would have been very different six years ago. Progress!
          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            how many folk would buy the new john parris basher cue for those people with no real determinable talent who like to bash the balls around?
            Lol fair point, some of my team need the " thudwhacker 3000" for those that think a pocket weight shot is trying to knock the pocket plate out, I swear I hear the balls crying sometimes , and when they are my good set I just keep my fingers over my eyes.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Lol fair point, some of my team need the " thudwhacker 3000" for those that think a pocket weight shot is trying to knock the pocket plate out, I swear I hear the balls crying sometimes , and when they are my good set I just keep my fingers over my eyes.
              I know a couple of folk who play every shot like a 9 ball pool break !!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I currently use a cuecraft triumph, bought it after my Peradon's joint 'exploded'. Originally bought it as a stop gap as I wanted something of decent quality that would come quickly (how I like my women) and planned to have a custom made cue afterwards.

Cuecraft were good to me, I was able to customise my new cue to the specs I required and the cue arrived after 4 weeks (just in time for my next singles match). I have no plans to change it, the cue plays great and i've gone up a level since using it. It's a lovely maple cue with silver joint and ferrule rather than brass. Out of the two its cuecraft for me but I have no experience of using mastercue.
                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

After reading this thread I looked out my mastercue classic and sanded the lacquer off , and refinished the cue , gave it a new tip and took it to the club for a hit . Forgot how much I liked it .

Comment

The above is more proof that a badge / name / price of a cue is not the be all and end all

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                      The above is more proof that a badge / name / price of a cue is not the be all and end all
                      I don't think there is one very good player in our club that has one of the top cue makers cues, one plays with a sanded back centre jointed cue, one with an all ash cue( that he insists is maple but I don't have the guts to tell him he's wrong even though I have put my maple beside his cue to let him see, just shows how much he bothers about it.)
                      I think the most expensive one I have seen is a North West cue by Kevin Muncaster. The ex pro Mike Nixon uses a peradon ( the one with the diamond shaped badge, I'm not sure if it's even ebony or the ebonex type stuff, I have only seen it once)
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        I don't think there is one very good player in our club that has one of the top cue makers cues, one plays with a sanded back centre jointed cue, one with an all ash cue( that he insists is maple but I don't have the guts to tell him he's wrong even though I have put my maple beside his cue to let him see, just shows how much he bothers about it.)
                        I think the most expensive one I have seen is a North West cue by Kevin Muncaster. The ex pro Mike Nixon uses a peradon ( the one with the diamond shaped badge, I'm not sure if it's even ebony or the ebonex type stuff, I have only seen it once)
                        There we are... even moreeee proofs haha.
                        It's good to see actually as I wonder how many folk have splashed out big money on a big name only to lead to disappointment.
                        Of course there are differences in quality, workmanship and the actual finished product but there are other options for those with less disposable income.

I think thats the Lazer model, the ebonex one.

Comment

Working...
                        X