Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Dried Cue - is this the Daddy for 150 Small Ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Dried Cue - is this the Daddy for 150 Small Ones?

Would it have more feel, would any experts hazard a guess?

http://www.greavessports.com/britann...ue-93271542907

Shame about the joint.

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post

Shame about the joint.
    lol - It might all be drivel but they are an under-rated cue imho - Britannia steels are superb value for money.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      lol - It might all be drivel but they are an under-rated cue imho - Britannia steels are superb value for money.
      They are indeed. Mate bought one at 9.0mm so he could use it for pool as well. Taper was too narrow, tinny sound and feel, I didn't like using it one bit. Well made. Think it was just one of their oven numbers though.

Comment

Shame about the joint.
        Back on track with the air dried theme lol, the air dried bit refers to the butt woods not the shafts

Comment

there's no guess involved.

no.

and there is nobody on this planet who would ever be able to tell how a bit of wood was dried.

especially that idiot master blaster who banged on about it like a self appointed expert cos he read it in a marketing leaflet or something once upon time.
          Last edited by MikeWooldridge; 18 January 2016, 12:54 AM.
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post

no.

and there is nobody on this planet who would ever be able to to tell how a bit of wood was dried.

especially that idiot master blaster who banged on about it like a self appointed expert cos he read it a marketing leaflet or something once upon time.
            evening Michael
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post

no.

and there is nobody on this planet who would ever be able to to tell how a bit of wood was dried.

especially that idiot master blaster who banged on about it like a self appointed expert cos he read it in a marketing leaflet or something once upon time.
              I'm glad Mike came here to give us clarity about this matter.
              Cuz, if there is anyone on this planet who has knowledge about this stuff, that would be Mike Wooldridge !

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                I'm glad Mike came here to give us clarity about this matter.
                Cuz, if there is anyone on this planet who has knowledge about this stuff, that would be Mike Wooldridge !
                Wasn't the best cue you ever had air dried bud, from Craftsmen Cues?

Comment

Wasn't the best cue you ever had air dried bud, from Craftsmen Cues?
                  Good point .

Craftsmen cue was indeed the best cue i had. When i contacted them ( many yrs ago ) , they said most of the wood they use was Naturaly dried. In that time craftsmen had a large stock of ash ( as far as i know ).
                  But they never said , the cue was a great player bcuz the wood was Naturaly dried .
                  when i asked them to make me a 2e cue . they said , we can'nt make any promises , that this cue gonna play as the first one cuz each cue has diff playblty regardles what kind of wood is used . And I do agree with that .
                  I agree with you that indeed they are sum cue makers who claim to use air dried cue on sum of thr cues . Ton praram is also one of them .
                  Just few weeks ago i saw a praram cue which was for sale on thr website . And In add to the spcs was also mentioned : the wood is naturaly dried ( whether that means air dried or not ?? I do'nt know .). btw, Ton does'nt claim to use that kind of wood for every single cue he makes .
                  But thr is no cue maker in the world who can tell you , this cue gonna be a great player just cuz the wood is air dried .
                  The only way to know is , give it a try.
                  Mike never said , air dried wood does not exist . he said , it is very hard to judge whether a pice of wood is air dried or not .
                  and I do agree with that.

Comment

Plenty of nice cue makers about. But if you want real knowledge?? Ask Andy Hunter.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shads147 View Post
                      Plenty of nice cue makers about. But if you want real knowledge?? Ask Andy Hunter.
                      Love his informative videos; now as you can see (!)

Comment

Working...
                      X