No announcement yet.

Annoyed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a fantastic gesture, really hope it comes off and only sorry I cant be of assistance.

Comment

Many thanks for the offers guys and I would normally snap your hands off but my sister has offered to buy me one. Once again MANY THANKS for your offers and If I see anyone in the position I was in I will point them on to this site. Thank you again
      Kev

Comment

Email me - Buying cues from Argos means you are buying a £5 cue for £25. adr147@hotmail.com
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Kev, pics of the cue you get bud!

Comment

Originally Posted by kevinpollard147 View Post
            Many thanks for the offers guys and I would normally snap your hands off but my sister has offered to buy me one. Once again MANY THANKS for your offers and If I see anyone in the position I was in I will point them on to this site. Thank you again
            Kev

No problem...if it doesn't work out, and if you want to take me up on the offer later it will still stand. I've had this cue for about five years and only use it in shortened form for restricted shots around my pool table. If you can afford to invest in better then ADR147 is a good man. He has a very nice range of playable budget cues, and I buy my tips from him and know him to be an honest and reliable seller. Tell him what you want, and he will see you right, and you will get more value for less cash than through mainstream outlets.

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
              Right...I've had a rummage around, and I've found something that might be useful, that I'm prepared to let go of.

Lewis and Wilson (modern rubbish, rather than good old) 57" three quarted jointed cue, with SD joint in the butt. 17.9 oz with a 17.5" balance point. I can include Two fixed extensions (29 1/2" and 6" mini butt). These extensions also attach to the 3/4 joint to make a short (think restricted pool table) and intermediate length cue. Tip (end of the ferrule 9.5/9.6) type unknown, but no too bad, and decent shape....looks and feels like a Blue Diamond type. Dark honeyed (varnished!) ash, and a black/brown not too garish splice pattern on the butt. Looks okay from a distance, plays okay (medium stiff) with a decent hit for a cheap cue. Joint not totally flush, the finish overall could be better.

It's painted 'fingers' on the shaft, and I find the finish a bit tacky and varnish-y. If I was going to play with it, I'd spend a bit of time on it in regards to finish.

Pictures: full length four piece shot, business end shot.

No case, no postage and packing. I have a workshop full of stuff that I don't ebay, and just runs out of value because i haven't got time to pack and post stuff (never mind manage returns). So my suggestion is this...I'll wrap it in some bubble wrap or something, if the gentleman in question wants it, as a forum we need to relay it down to him. For example I'm in Nottingham. I will be going to Milton Keynes mon/tue during the day next week....anyone between nottingham and Milton Keynes who can take it on for another leg?

My only condition being that if it turns out to be of no use to the original poster, that he makes it available to another starter on the forum free of charge (postage paid, or relay organised...).
              this is a fun sounding game - where does it need to end up?

Comment

Annoyed

If it's The Maldives and we crowd fund it, I will act as courier...

a sacrifice I would consider

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                  If it's The Maldives and we crowd fund it, I will act as courier...

a sacrifice I would consider
                  You are all heart pottr!
                  Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    this is a fun sounding game - where does it need to end up?
                    I play ebay relay with my football friends when I can't easily collect something. It's not a big deal if everyone weighs in....shouldn't be a problem for a nationwide, nay global, forum like this. Anyway, where it needs to go is nowhere. He didn't want it.

So pottr will have to shelve his holiday plans.

Comment

I play ebay relay with my football friends when I can't easily collect something. It's not a big deal if everyone weighs in....shouldn't be a problem for a nationwide, nay global, forum like this. Anyway, where it needs to go is nowhere. He didn't want it.

So pottr will have to shelve his holiday plans.
                      who does not want a free cue? Any free cues feel free to send them - my misses will go bonkers, but I will be delighted to have them!

Comment

who does not want a free cue? Any free cues feel free to send them - my misses will go bonkers, but I will be delighted to have them!
                        You'll sell it. That was not what I was trying to achieve here. If you go halves on postage me and pottr can have a romantic fortnight in the maldives, and you can have the cue.

Comment

You'll sell it. That was not what I was trying to achieve here. If you go halves on postage me and pottr can have a romantic fortnight in the maldives, and you can have the cue.
                          I heard pottr was a bit hairy!

Comment

I heard pottr was a bit hairy!
                            Well that's no good. I was hoping for a change.

Comment

Well that's no good. I was hoping for a change.
                              Too many jokes...............

Comment

now have cue ordered from amazon

Comment

Working...
                                X