tip height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by nst View Post
    oh? I would have imagined laminated tips would have it easier...
    Yeah , me too.
    As I said , depends which one ?
    Phoenix tips are abit softer. I've tried this method.
    Whit ADR Tips gonna be more difficult to do this. they are harder (not in terms of playability). if you put uneven pressure on the tip while sending it , then you not gonna get it 100 prct flat.
    Of crs , with ADR tips , u do'nt have to do that imo . you can keep them high and they play well .
    As for press tips , is much easyer to do that and keep them 100 prct flat , of crs .

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
      Sanding it from the bottom before applying it is a great idea to reduce the Tip thickness and i have done it but it is very hard to get it 100% flat and even.

I always seem to unwillingy apply to much pressure to one side meaning 1 side is not as level as the other so rotating it is needed all the time. Ways to avoid it are using some kind of sanding block to apply even pressure to the tip while sanding eliminating unwanted/uneven finger pressure.
      Put the sandpaper on a flat surface, then move the tip round in a figure of 8, turning it a quarter turn every few figure of 8's, if that makes any sense to you it should keep it level.

Comment

Depending on the tip use lower grit sand paper takes stuffall to remove unwanted tip but be careful with layer tips due to layering can come off down the track bloody phoenix tips!! I would always scuff bottom of tip in big circles turning as I go. With high tips you can square off against ferrule then shape. Goes from a box to a dime shape and helps getting a consistent roundness as you shape quicker n more consitantly Good tip use the smooth side of a 1/4-3/8" x6" long strip of sand paper to smooth sides of tip. They will go blackish by pulling using your thumb with light pressure doesn't effect your ferrule n shines slightly too

Comment

Working...
        X