my new tyrone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new tyrone

not posted any pics of cues lately so thought id post this,tyrone cues sent this cue out for my mate to try so of course i had a play,lol.The shaft made from cherrywood,the splicing in a old butterfly style,the cue arrived workmanship and finish very good,playability rubbish,asked martin if could change tip,it had an elk on and you could not feel the shot ,the shaft and tip just absorbed the hit,put a harder tip on not sure what it was in a pile i got of adr in one of his comps,instantly the cue was a player responsive to all shots i tried hardly any deflection, so few pics.,,,,.

Lovely looking cue that Jim- must admit have never seen a cue a 'cherry wood' shaft looks absolutely stunning. Take it it's difficult to work with? Must be some reason other cue makers don't use it.

Comment

The shaft is a cross between ash and maple,probably try and get one to have a go at myself, probably 4 splice slightly longer butt.

Comment

I love the look of that cue jim, another great looking Tyrone cue.

Comment

Great looking cue Jim. Your mate gonna buy it or have you get your eye on another purchase?

Comment

Bought it mate,not my mates specs,lol.close enough to mine.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
              Bought it mate,not my mates specs,lol.close enough to mine.
              You just can't help yourself Jim lol

Comment

I know,think I've got a problem, lol

Comment

Looks quite nice and yes you do have a problem lol

Comment

Still can't believe more makers don't use it, looks stunning, lovely antique almost look.

Comment

Andy Hunter has made a few cues with this wood used in the shaft. He's been talking to Martin Daly regarding this and the result does look impressive

Comment

Nice cue buddy. I have a similar butterfly spliced kevin deroo in maple. Are you using a laminated or pressed tip?

Comment

Whom can i contact to buy a Tyrone cue based on my specs?
                          Any idea on the waiting time & cost?

Comment

Add him on Facebook mate, very helpful guy and will answer any questions you have.

Comment

Working...
                            X