Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the Cue Maker

Hi Guys

I had this cue given to me a few years ago, and its been sitting in a case under the stairs until I found it again at the weekend.
    I just wanted to find out the maker, it has unusual splicing as it has opposing splices in Ebony and what looks like a Mahogany.
    It is actually beautifully made, 59" long, 10mm tip, brass ferrule, 16oz, Ash shaft, the shaft looks like it has salt water treatment
    before being made. It is better quality than your average club cue from years back..... I wanted to know who the maker was.

So I have attached a few images, perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Thanks

Dave

[URL=http://s147.photobucket.com/user/DaveM65/media/all_zpsbbj27mgw.jpg.html]

maybe this would be better....

Comment

Can't make badge out,can you make it clearer.

Comment

Hi Jim

That was actually the best I could get ti......

It looks like H......... Gray & Sons Ltd. with the location at the bottom....

I know it isn't easy....

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Good afternoon, sir.

Your cue is from H. J. Gray and Sons, High Street, Colchester. I have one in my collection, but with a rectangular badge as opposed the the circular disc.

Comment

Thank you very much, is it a club cue, as it is very well made, any ideas on age....

Cheer

Comment

Sorry, sir, you now know as much as me!

Comment

Comment

Hi

I have just looked up the name, they have been around selling sports equipment since 1855,
                  but they seem to be based in Cambridge rather than Colchester, maybe they moved to or from either place.

Its all good info...

Dave

Comment

I guess you're right, sir. Your badge does look a bit more like Cambridge rather than Colchester I must admit.

Comment

Apparently they have been producing all sorts of sports equipment as well, tennis rackets, cues hockey sticks..... its all a bit strange so you are right with your cue, yours is a lot older from the look of the badge as well.

Again thanks for the info.

Dave

Comment

You're very welcome, sir. Good luck in any further research, I'd be interested to learn if any other discoveries pop up.

Comment

I bought one a few months ago,same maker same design. Let me know if you fancy selling.

Comment

Hi Jim

Tried to send you a PM, your PM’s seem to be full up.

Dave

Comment

Hi will empty.

Comment

Working...
                              X