Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do treat my cue with bees wax

Hi
    guys my cue needs bit of tlc ive got some bees wax how do I go about applying it to my cue ,hoping some of you guys on here have done it before any tips would be most appreciated thanks.

It is up to you but I would only use the bees wax on the butt area of the cue only, and use raw linseed oil on the shaft.

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
      It is up to you but I would only use the bees wax on the butt area of the cue only, and use raw linseed oil on the shaft.
      Ditto. Definitely not on the shaft for me....
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

If you put it on the shaft its nice for a while then it will start to pick up dirt.

Comment

From The Wood Finishers Handbook by Sam Allen

Use a plane to cut shavings off a block of beeswax, pour turpentine over the shavings and let them soak until they are completely dissolved. The resulting mixture should be the consistancy of thick paint.
          Rub the wax into the wood with a cloth and let it dry, then buff it with a soft cloth. Several coats are usually needed.
          If you want to apply a genuine linseed oil finish then follow this old finishing adage,
          once an hour for a day, once a day for a week, once a week for a year, and once a year for the rest of your life.
          Apply the oil with a cloth; let it soak into the wood for about half an hour, then buff it off with a clean cloth.

Maybe this is why Parris cues have such a long waiting time eh.

Comment

I like that saying Vmax, very good.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
            X