HUNT & OSBOURNE blue plate handmade cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUNT & OSBOURNE blue plate handmade cue

Help and advice please....... I have been told this is a collectors item as is they don't make cues together anymore.
    any ideas of price (worth) and wether i should hold onto it or not.

That is correct but I think the blue plates were machine made . Do you have any pics of the cue ?

The blue plates were the cheaper end of their range .

It went in ores of cost : blue , red , green and then black plate .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

[IMG]/Users/markalexander/Desktop/IMG_1725.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

thanks neil...

not sure how to upload photos lol

Comment

Not a clue either !

Have you had this cue from new ?

Would hazard a guess at about £250 - £300 at the most . But one of the cue dealers on here will give you a better valuation .

Comment

yes i brought this myself around ten years ago. I will most likely hold onto it but i just wanted to see what it was worth as i hardly ever use it and I'm sure it could go to better use.

Comment

Fake
              Been on here before, total fake. Even asked Osborne himself, send him a email he will confirm this.
              Was made by a company called 8ball store.
              Steer clear.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                Fake
                Been on here before, total fake. Even asked Osborne himself, send him a email he will confirm this.
                Was made by a company called 8ball store.
                Steer clear.
                Ehh ? They used to be on the website? ??

Comment

Yes website not available anymore.
                  I had one, checked with Robert and he told me they never made blue plate cues.
                  A firm started selling them. Been on here a few times about this.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Ehh ? They used to be on the website? ??
                    Yes they were on his website ......assume some are real and some are fake then ?

Comment

I can appreciate thats your opinion but this is no fake, not sure who you spoke to but I went to Osborne shop directly around ten years ago where i purchased this cue from new! machine splice and hand planed and sanded.

Are you seriously trying to tell me HUNT&OSBOURNE didn't have a joint venture just like Hunt&O'bryne, try doing some researchh before you say people are trying to sell fake cues thank you

Comment

He's not saying that Hunt & Osborne never existed , just that he believes the Blue plate cues to be fake .

I know they are not , as i bought a Red Plate Osborne Cue and then he teamed up with Will Hunt .

Was always in and out or his workshop/s over the last 20 years and the Blue Plate cues were made .

Comment

Far too confusing these comments, how can they be fake if sold by Osborne ?
                          Do you mean they were sold by them but not actually made by them ?

Comment

Maybe ADR can re-confirm this info ?

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...rne-Blue-Plate

Comment

You tell em Neil!

Comment

Working...
                              X