Low deflection snooker cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low deflection snooker cues

Does anyone own a low deflection snooker cue? Or played with one?

And who makes them? I know of MW and Mezz - anyone else? MW's low deflection properties comes only from the ferrule, i presume, whilst Mezz (again presumably) gets theirs from more traditional routes ie hollowing, pie construction techniques etc.

Would be interested to see how effective they are at reducing CB deflection, and whether the cost is worth it. One of the major criticisms of LD shafts is lack of feel, so would be good to know if that is a factor, too.

is it Acuerate who sell their cues as "low deflection"?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I think so, to do with taper and ferrule. But who cares, the greatest have always used ash/maple and brass. Parris doesn't use it, game over.

Comment

Originally Posted by focus View Post
        I think so, to do with taper and ferrule. But who cares, the greatest have always used ash/maple and brass. Parris doesn't use it, game over.
        Failure to innovate will lead to bankruptcy, there's nothing surer.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Thanks, I'll check that out.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
            Really, snooker is in rude health and spreading worldwide. Guess what, we're still playing with the same ash/maple cues with a brass ferrule and leather tip from a century ago. Bankruptcy, I don't think so pal. Maybe in pool aye. Noticed any pros using Mike's blackspin ferrule, the much lauded innovation when it arrived? We're not using aluminum or telescopic cues either. Or silicone rubber tips, or, or, or...........

It ain't broke and it doesn't require any of your madcap fixes ta luv.
            Last edited by focus; 1 March 2016, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
              Dont see much innovation in snooker cue design in over 100yrs. Kinda makes your inaccurate generalization a moot point.

Parris will still be churning out snooker bats while punters throw a grand plus at him for his offerings.
              #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                Dont see much innovation in snooker cue design in over 100yrs. Kinda makes your inaccurate generalization a moot point.

Parris will still be churning out snooker bats while punters throw a grand plus at him for his offerings.
                Aye. Until the market shifts, which it surely will.

Comment

Really, snooker is in rude health and spreading worldwide. Guess what, we're still playing with the same ash/maple cues with a brass ferrule and leather tip from a century ago. Bankruptcy, I don't think so pal. Maybe in pool aye. Noticed any pros using Mike's blackspin ferrule, the much lauded innovation when it arrived? We're not using aluminum or telescopic cues either. Or silicone rubber tips, or, or, or...........

Rude health? You simply cannot keep track of the nonsense you spout, can you?There's just a gulf in class here - you need to up it, pronto.

Disappointing.

"And that ladies and gents is why snooker is dying".

Comment

What about sigh right, telescopic extensions, laminated tips, Aramith balls, table heaters, or.......
                    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

This writing style seems very familiar. Hmmmm

Comment

Master blaster back yet again.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                          This writing style seems very familiar. Hmmmm
                          Good one. Was thinking the same.

Comment

Stay away from the Acuerate stuff. Pretty popular here in France andf Belgium but poor quality to me. I've had several in hands and they don't last in time.....Shaft is poor, splices not even placed and not fo same length, badges tend to go white out after a couple of years (writing disappears)......all this for £500. Thanks but no thanks.
                            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

A friend of mine has a Predator Blak 3. Paid an awful lot of money, over $1000 I think, but he swears by it.

Comment

Working...
                              X