Low deflection snooker cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
    Dont see much innovation in snooker cue design in over 100yrs. Kinda makes your inaccurate generalization a moot point.

Parris will still be churning out snooker bats while punters throw a grand plus at him for his offerings.
    Yep, John's mansion is well assured. The smart money will be on Grand, TP, AT, And Kong Cues who it is said make some the finest cues in the World for top cuemakers.

Comment

Originally Posted by toastandmarmite View Post
      A friend of mine has a Predator Blak 3. Paid an awful lot of money, over $1000 I think, but he swears by it.
      I played, briefly, with a blak 1, along with many other high dollar predators. My current player is a pred sneaky. My sneaky is the better cue - 275 dollars for a new, full spice, low deflection cue was a steal. I would give new predators a wide berth - they are vastly overpriced and their ferrules are prone to failure.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        Rude health? You simply cannot keep track of the nonsense you spout, can you?There's just a gulf in class here - you need to up it, pronto.

Disappointing.

"And that ladies and gents is why snooker is dying".
        Anyone seen the blaster around here?

Comment

Anyone seen the blaster around here?
          Are you arguing with yourself now? Theres no need we have forum full of people that disagree with you on most things!
          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
            Are you arguing with yourself now? Theres no need we have forum full of people that disagree with you on most things!
            What? No, i was just seeing where the blaster was, and it's quite clear he's furiously flicking through posts passim to see if he can keep his story straight. Snooker's simultaneously dying and in rude health, apparently.

A bit like the blaster himself, like, conflicted!

Comment

....A bit like the blaster himself, like, conflicted!
              ...and seemingly suffering a bit of a breakdown in most of his multiple personalities. Being not at one with self will do that to a man/woman/thing.

Low deflection cues. What advantage do they offer? I really can't think of anything not available from just getting used to what your cue does....and I also think it is preferable when bending around balls in the way......or haven't I thought this through.

I've never played with a low deflection cue....just lots of cues that behave slightly differently. I'm having real trouble visualising the point. Is it just pure marketing?

Comment

What? No, i was just seeing where the blaster was, and it's quite clear he's furiously flicking through posts passim to see if he can keep his story straight. Snooker's simultaneously dying and in rude health, apparently.

A bit like the blaster himself, like, conflicted!
                Sounds like an oxymoron but it is possible.
                Snooker is dying in the UK,but in Asia and as a whole it is growing and in good health( compared to its lowest point). It is one thing I will agree with you on HMBS we in Britain think we are snooker, when Infact the power base may well be shifting from beneath us.
                The days of all pros having to come over here to make it big ,may be very nearly at an end. There have been umpteen threads on how to stop this but I don't think we can now, it's to late.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                  ...and seemingly suffering a bit of a breakdown in most of his multiple personalities. Being not at one with self will do that to a man/woman/thing.

Low deflection cues. What advantage do they offer? I really can't think of anything not available from just getting used to what your cue does....and I also think it is preferable when bending around balls in the way......or haven't I thought this through.

I've never played with a low deflection cue....just lots of cues that behave slightly differently. I'm having real trouble visualising the point. Is it just pure marketing?
                  No, they do as they advertise. Whether that is important or not is up to the player to decide. They have limited use in snooker, at any rate, as deflection is a much smaller issue than its bigger balled (and cued) cousins.

You might like to scan the pros and cons of LD shafts part of the attached, where, contrary to some people's beliefs, Dr Dave couldn't give a monkey's toss who plays with what, and certainly has no vested or financial interest in LD shafts.

http://billiards.colostate.edu/threa...tml#low_squirt

Comment

No, they do as they advertise. Whether that is important or not is up to the player to decide. They have limited use in snooker, at any rate, as deflection is a much smaller issue than its bigger balled (and cued) cousins.

You might like to scan the pros and cons of LD shafts part of the attached, where, contrary to some people's beliefs, Dr Dave couldn't give a monkey's toss who plays with what, and certainly has no vested or financial interest in LD shafts.

http://billiards.colostate.edu/threa...tml#low_squirt
                    Dr. Dave seems to imply it's mainly in ones head. A bit like your good self.

Are you him, or do you actually only know things by googling them on his site? You do seem to quote Dr. Dave a lot without any real personal experience to back it up. Or have I got you confused with 'someone' else? Have you got yourself mixed up with someone else? I imagine it must be befuddling.

Anyway. I think I'll be sticking with a strong, stiff shaft, and a brass ferrule, and just trying to get used to my cue with practice.

There are some awfully good players around who actually pick up cues, and they seem to manage just fine without buying in to the full wardrobe of emperors new clothes. If you can't actually get to a real table, maybe try a tuca or some such? Perhaps there's a level at which it's better to get a clear head and focus on actually getting something simple to work for you, rather than all the meaningless mental masturbation. Snooker wise, I mean, obviously.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Sounds like an oxymoron but it is possible.
                      Snooker is dying in the UK,but in Asia and as a whole it is growing and in good health( compared to its lowest point). It is one thing I will agree with you on HMBS we in Britain think we are snooker, when Infact the power base may well be shifting from beneath us.
                      The days of all pros having to come over here to make it big ,may be very nearly at an end. There have been umpteen threads on how to stop this but I don't think we can now, it's to late.
                      Exactly, in rude health globally, not at all good here. Expanding in Europe as well. Cues have nothing to do with this. Cues have improved over the last hundred years and the game dies here but expands elsewhere. Number of people playing worldwide has rocketed with over a million players in China alone. Cue makers in China and Thailand are doing massive business but here, they just rebadge imports. Clubs closing weekly. It's hard to watch, tearful. But like you say, that's the shift in power base. But at least we play snooker and with proper cues, not LD shafts made by Predator - LOL!!! I mean seriously, if you can't work out your cue, please, take up tiddlywinks.

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                        Dr. Dave seems to imply it's mainly in ones head. A bit like your good self.

Are you him, or do you actually only know things by googling them on his site? You do seem to quote Dr. Dave a lot without any real personal experience to back it up. Or have I got you confused with 'someone' else? Have you got yourself mixed up with someone else? I imagine it must be befuddling.

Anyway. I think I'll be sticking with a strong, stiff shaft, and a brass ferrule, and just trying to get used to my cue with practice.

There are some awfully good players around who actually pick up cues, and they seem to manage just fine without buying in to the full wardrobe of emperors new clothes. If you can't actually get to a real table, maybe try a tuca or some such? Perhaps there's a level at which it's better to get a clear head and focus on actually getting something simple to work for you, rather than all the meaningless mental masturbation. Snooker wise, I mean, obviously.
                        Lol. Yikes. What?

I think that's the first time on here I've linked an article from Dr Dave, unless you can prove otherwise? [Crickets]

Can you explain what you mean by not having the personal experience to back it up? I own 4 LD shafts and have owned many more. Deflection is illogical and technology will render it redundant given time.

CB deflection is a huge issue in cue sports, just not snooker. I thought drivel was only blaster's domain: for once i was mistaken.

Comment

Yep it seems to be growing year on year in Europe, if Germany could get a pro to break through they reckon it would just go mental over there, they just love it anyway, imagine if they actually had a player to follow.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by focus View Post
                            Exactly, in rude health globally, not at all good here. Expanding in Europe as well. Cues have nothing to do with this. Cues have improved over the last hundred years and the game dies here but expands elsewhere. Number of people playing worldwide has rocketed with over a million players in China alone. Cue makers in China and Thailand are doing massive business but here, they just rebadge imports. Clubs closing weekly. It's hard to watch, tearful. But like you say, that's the shift in power base. But at least we play snooker and with proper cues, not LD shafts made by Predator - LOL!!! I mean seriously, if you can't work out your cue, please, take up tiddlywinks.
                            Lol. Interestingly (to me) many uk american pool players use predator shafts because of their (alleged) performance, not because of their LD properties. They are simply unaware their primary selling point is being the lowest deflecting shafts money can buy.

But deflection is a big deal in american pool. It is not as easy as just "working out your cue".

Comment

Lol. Yikes. What?

I think that's the first time on here I've linked an article from Dr Dave, unless you can prove otherwise? [Crickets]

Can you explain what you mean by not having the personal experience to back it up? I own 4 LD shafts and have owned many more. Deflection is illogical and technology will render it redundant given time.

CB deflection is a huge issue in cue sports, just not snooker. I thought drivel was only blaster's domain: for once i was mistaken.
                              More codswallop. Yeah, deflection is a huge issue in cue sports. Just look at Ronnie, the greatest player of the toughest cue sport there is. He can't sleep for worrying about deflection from his brass ferruled Parris. If Ronnie can turn down maximums with a traditional cue the only issue in cuesports is how crap US pool players are for not being bright enough to work it out themselves on the table. If ronnie can accomodate throw over 12ft into small pockets, you monkeys should be able to manage it into your huge bags. As VMax says, US pool is so easy, it shouldn't be an issue at all. Hang on, you're head is above the cue and the cue butt is high in the air. Maybe that's why you can't handle side, because you all have dreadful technique? If I played like that I'd be missing shots with side as well because I'd be swerving the ball. Numpties. Try cueing properly as Snooker players do, with your chin on the cue and the cue as parallel to the table as possible and you will notice a huge difference in the use of every spin. These monkeys haven't got a Scoobie.
                              Last edited by focus; 2 March 2016, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Yep it seems to be growing year on year in Europe, if Germany could get a pro to break through they reckon it would just go mental over there, they just love it anyway, imagine if they actually had a player to follow.
                                They're certainly a nation with a better attitude for dedication. Yep, let's hope they have a star in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X