Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue weights everyone???

Hi all,

What is the current weight of your cue, and, if you had to go one way or another with it, would you increase or decrease its weight.

Opinions?
    Increase
    0%
    Decrease
    0%

The poll is expired.

A cue should feel like a feather. or a very slim woman indeed!

Comment

18.5oz. (58" 3/4). Fairly sure I would personally prefer a lighter cue. Having used heavier (19oz+ I really dont like that) and lighter I would guess that 17-17.5 oz would be better for me.

Comment

Well the trend over the last few decades, at least in the pool world, has been lighter and lighter cues. 21-22 oz used to be the norm - these days it's more like 18,5-19,5 and even lighter for a break cue.

Comment

I wonder if the weight of the cue should correspond with the weight of the player. Any research done on that?

Like Big Bill having a cue in relation to his weight as Dott would have a lighter cue? Anyone having info on this?

Comment

If Big Bill apportioned his weight to his cue, he would be using a piece of 3x2

God Bless his soul....lovely fella

and for Dott, the lead from a pencil

Q
            Looking for a uk, brand new car or van?, look no further, drop me an email or pager now, I will beat any dealer on the road price ! Q

Comment

You mean, Big bill would have used a pole vault?

He would not have needed an extension!

I meant it as a scientific approach of the sport. Equipment proportianal to the body weight.

Comment

Well I've never heard of that before, having the weight of the cue corresponding to the weight of the balls sounds like a safer idea.

Comment

well mine is a tad over 19oz and i definitely would like it heavier....without a doubt

Comment

Come on! have you ever seen a 90 kilo boxer fight a 70 kilo boxer! Think about weight lifting. I think I might have just find a new option to make some money!

Originally Posted by hegeland
                    Well I've never heard of that before, having the weight of the cue corresponding to the weight of the balls sounds like a safer idea.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1
                      Hi all,

What is the current weight of your cue, and, if you had to go one way or another with it, would you increase or decrease its weight.

Opinions?
                      depends where i am playing m8 - i have a friend locally with tables like glass and i would go lighter on those but for some of the club tables i think i would need to be heavier - generally i go in the middle at about 18.5oz and make do! - even i don't own a different cue for every table i play on!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I was under the impression the trend had been for slightly heavier cues over the last decade or so? (I could be wrong - wouldn't be the first time!).

Comment

I think every cue i've ever played weith in the last 30 years has been an 18ounce, give or take a 1/2 max. Anything heavier and it feels like a bat to me and anything lighter a kiddies cue.

If a class cue but with a freakishly alien for me spec is going for a song though I'd no longer dismiss it knowing it could be altered.

Comment

altering ues though is a pain, its nice to know what you like from the start!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

my cue weighs 17.25 oz 1 piece and i would never go for a heavier cue.
                              My deep screw shot
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Working...
                              X