Rubber Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber Bumper

Does anyone know where I can get a (or a couple) of rubber bumpers for the butt of a snooker cue? Where I play we have tiled floors (don't ask!) and would like to keep the bottom of my cue crack free, and it is sometimes fun to bounce it off the floor.
    It would d have to be by post only.
    Checked on the internet but the only suitable ones I can find are from Canada and don't have an option for online purchases.
    Oh and the butt is fitted for a mini extension so threaded. I also don't mind adapting one to fit the hole so size of the fitting isn't crucial.

Peradon/Thurston do a nylon protector which fits the Peradon butt joint.
    http://www.thurston.co.uk/thurston/s.../c-194/p-11315
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply, I am aware of the Peradon protector, I am really looking for rubber though. I know they use rubber on some cheaper cues (or used to) but don't appear to sell them as an after market item.

Comment

Rubber Bumper

my snooker room has a tiled floor.
        my local cue maker and coach made some butt end bumpers from old pocket leathers for rhe rack cues I have for when friends without cues come over to play. work great and still able to get extensions screwed in.

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
          my snooker room has a tiled floor.
          my local cue maker and coach made some butt end bumpers from old pocket leathers for rhe rack cues I have for when friends without cues come over to play. work great and still able to get extensions screwed in.
          That's an interesting idea, especially still being able to get the extensions screwed in. May go the diy route if I can't find rubber ones. Kind of like making things anyway, and it is a cheap cue.
          Thanks for engaging my brain, it has been a while.............

Comment

Rubber Bumper

it solved the problem perfectly for me. The leather needs to be thin enough to not impinge on the extensions but thick enough to do the job. since done a couple myself using samples of leather from furniture swatches and some epoxy. .....just trimmed to tidy with a sharp blade and over the extension thread.

Comment

I must admit am really warming to the leather idea, it's a nice traditional solution, real easy on the pocket as well and no waiting time for post etc. Going to have a look around in the morning, furniture, bags, shoes the old cow in the field........................
              Can't believe I didn't consider it before, was stuck mentally on a rubber one, bouncing the cue off the floor could have been fun though.

Comment

What about something like this
                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rubber-Was...hy3lXwd08XlnjA
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Rubber Bumper

leather is easy to adapt to the convex butt of the cue too. rubber would be difficult to mould and stick adequately I imagine. flat bottom fue would be less of an issue but most of mine are rounded somewhat.

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                    it solved the problem perfectly for me. The leather needs to be thin enough to not impinge on the extensions but thick enough to do the job. since done a couple myself using samples of leather from furniture swatches and some epoxy. .....just trimmed to tidy with a sharp blade and over the extension thread.
                    Ebay has lots of lots () of leather offcuts. Usually a few quid inc post. Should do the job.

I bought some to make more dividers for my North Wales case. .

Comment

Thanks guys for all your cool suggestions, rubber washers is a great idea and I am sure it would be no problem to source locally.
                      thommo335 has nailed it with the leather, it is probably the best all round solution and considering leather is used on the bottom of many cues and would also look the part.

Comment

I managed to get a rubber butt plug from craftsman cues. It took a bit of fiddling to fit but now it's in there it feels good.

Comment

Originally Posted by RIPcompo View Post
                          I managed to get a rubber butt plug from craftsman cues. It took a bit of fiddling to fit but now it's in there it feels good.
                          Hehehe....
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Rubber Bumper

oo er missus!

Comment

Stu from Green Baize has some that fit Maximus cues -

http://www.greenbaize.com/wp-content...3/DSCF0750.jpg
                              #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Working...
                              X