Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to sell my John Parris Classic Cue BUT first... What is red glue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to sell my John Parris Classic Cue BUT first... What is red glue?

Hey,

I have not played snooker for about 12 years. Haven't picked up my John Parris Cue for 13 years. It's in mint condition, been hiding away in it's silver case I got with it and i'd like to get a good price for it.

I have been looking on eBay at the sold listings and it seems that cues that mention "red glue" seem to be valued higher?

What has red glue got to do with JP cues and how do I look for it in my cue?

I wanted to find this out before listing it because it might make a difference on the listing. I saw a post on here that JP stopped using it in 2005? I purchased my cue around 15 years ago.

Thanks,
    Andy

It is meaningless drivel - John changed the glue when he found a better glue!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Haha, thanks for the reply!

I tried asking a seller on eBay and the guy would not give me a direct answer. He instead tried to get me to travel down to his shop so he inspect it, which added to the mystery of red glue.

Comment

lol if the red glue were better then John would still be using it! all it means is that it is older.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Cool ok, thank you.

Comment

Red Glue is not meaningless, it does mean it's an older JP. Like his older JPUs, these had more JP in them and they were his best cues. Current cues coming out of the workshop aren't are ropey on average.

Comment

Ok.. Could you please tell me how to know if my cue has this red glue?

Comment

Just look above the splices where they meet the shaft there will be a reddish outline that slightly bleads into the shaft .
                Last edited by ste bed; 26 September 2016, 07:53 AM.

Comment

That's great. Thank you

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                    Red Glue is not meaningless, it does mean it's an older JP. Like his older JPUs, these had more JP in them and they were his best cues. Current cues coming out of the workshop aren't are ropey on average.
                    Is that your opinion or fact

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                      Is that your opinion or fact
                      For those of us who've owned Parris cues, including JPUs, it's a fact! Plenty have, let their opinions flow!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ormes21 View Post
                        Ok.. Could you please tell me how to know if my cue has this red glue?

Unless you can see any minute colouring, you won't be able to tell from looking at it. The term Red Glue refers to a vintage of Parris Cues when he used that glue. So there's the conundrum, you may need to know when it was made to know if it's a red glue model. I think Deano knows the exact dates that red glue was used in splicing.

Deano!

* The glue isn't important, the age is, that's when Parris made his best cues in lot of opinions.
                        Last edited by Big Splash!; 26 September 2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I have bought 3 cues direct from John Parris including a ultimate number 925 it was a one piece maple I had it spliced with the limited edition splice the one with the cross sections of Purple Heart and King wood front splice. I have been told Parris keeps records of the ultimates he sells not sure if that's true or not but if your sure I'm full of crap I'm sure if you enquire about it the name on the order will match my snooker forum user name I have never seen another ultimate done that way so he will probably remember it. By the way it's not fact.
                          Last edited by ste bed; 26 September 2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Unless you can see any minute colouring, you won't be able to tell from looking at it. The term Red Glue refers to a vintage of Parris Cues when he used that glue. So there's the conundrum, you may need to know when it was made to know if it's a red glue model. I think Deano knows the exact dates that red glue was used in splicing.

Deano!

* The glue isn't important, the age is, that's when Parris made his best cues in lot of opinions.
                            Yes you will be able to tell by looking at it the glue clearly bleeds into the shaft I await adr147s response to this as he's probably seen more Parris cues than most. The glue isn't important the age isn't important ormes21 if it's in good condition and pretty standard specs you'll have no problem selling it
                            Last edited by ste bed; 26 September 2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Unless you can see any minute colouring, you won't be able to tell from looking at it. The term Red Glue refers to a vintage of Parris Cues when he used that glue. So there's the conundrum, you may need to know when it was made to know if it's a red glue model.
                              My mate has a red glue Parris, you can easily see the red outline around the splices; more splasher made up bollocks, obviously has never seen one.
                              Stop jumping all over every thread and just stick to what you know, which isn't much.

Comment

Working...
                              X