Master cues.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master cues.......

Hi, I am new to this forum, just order a master cue, ronnie's model online, hasn't arrived yet, this will also be my 1st cue.
    Just wondering if any here who owns or owned a mastercue has any thoughts on the playability, quality of these cues?
    Keep practising, keep focus, enjoy the game you love

I have a mastercue classic that was my first cue..very happy with it . Haven't played with it for a while though .

Comment

I have a MasterCue Rocket. It's excellent, had it a fair few years, no plans on changing it either.
      Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
        I have a MasterCue Rocket. It's excellent, had it a fair few years, no plans on changing it either.
        Glad to hear that...but I did see a few negative comments on the forum about master cues...hope that won't be the case with mine......

I got mine from bluemoon leisure/snookercues.com...anyone heard of them? Haven't got my cue yet so can't comment too much but lovely customer service though, very fast at replying e-mails
        Keep practising, keep focus, enjoy the game you love

Comment

Master cues are a great cue at a great price.
          Blue moon are really good, brought a cue from them years ago, use to be one of the bigger cue and supplies companies.

Comment

I like the look of the mastercue rocket, seen a few on the greenbaize site. I've got a cue I like but just like buying new cues ha. I think if I do get one then I'll get a light cue.

Comment

I have had numerous Mastercues including 3 Connoissuers; 3 Pyragons & still have an as new one piece Maple Heritage (My second one). Needless to say I LOVE THEM, & at 72 with 55+ years of playing I think I am a good judge. The best ??? Pyragons for me. They are superbly made & powder the cue ball. My second love is the Cue Craft Marksman one piece ash. Simply made but a beautiful tool. I've had three of them, and still have one. A wise choice on your part from where I am standing.
              Regards Dave C "nobbclark"

Comment

Originally Posted by J.Lee View Post
                Hi, I am new to this forum, just order a master cue, ronnie's model online, hasn't arrived yet, this will also be my 1st cue.
                Just wondering if any here who owns or owned a mastercue has any thoughts on the playability, quality of these cues?
                Great players ( solid hit ) and reasonable prices . !!

Comment

Hi all, are chevrons on a cue a sign of a better quality piece of ash, or is it just the way the wood is cut? It's just that I recently paid to have a cue hand made for me and I did request that it have chevrons as I like the look of them. The cue maker said he'd try but that it would depend on the piece of wood he acquired. He's not one of the well known cue makers but he did used to work with, and is good friends with one of them, so he knows what he's doing. In fact I was told by others that his cues are as good as any other but are a bit cheaper as he only makes them occasionally in his spare time. Anyway I now have the cue and it does seem very nice but it doesn't have the chevrons I requested. I didn't want to say anything at the time because I didn't want to insult him or anything. Any opinions or advice would be very gratefully received. Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by snookeredred View Post
                    Hi all, are chevrons on a cue a sign of a better quality piece of ash, or is it just the way the wood is cut? It's just that I recently paid to have a cue hand made for me and I did request that it have chevrons as I like the look of them. The cue maker said he'd try but that it would depend on the piece of wood he acquired. He's not one of the well known cue makers but he did used to work with, and is good friends with one of them, so he knows what he's doing. In fact I was told by others that his cues are as good as any other but are a bit cheaper as he only makes them occasionally in his spare time. Anyway I now have the cue and it does seem very nice but it doesn't have the chevrons I requested. I didn't want to say anything at the time because I didn't want to insult him or anything. Any opinions or advice would be very gratefully received. Thanks
                    Hi ,

IF ypur question is related to playblty of the cue/wood. Than , The answer to your question is NO, Not necessary.
                    Each piece of wood had his own character and plays differently regardles of how many chevrons .

I think if you ask the cuemaker (the one who made the cue for you), my best guess would be you get the same answer (unles I'm wrong, of course).
                    I prefer and play the game with Maple but I played with ash for many years and tried a few cues. Sum of them with No Or less chevrons were much better players comperd to other ones .
                    I also prefered a tight Side grain pattern.
                    At the end of the day , the only way to know for sure , is Try and play with it .
                    I hoop u get sum better replays from other members .
                    You can also contact other cue makers in this forum . After all , they re dealing with wood every day and i think they can give you the best possible answer to your question .

Goodluck with ur cue and enjoy the game !!

Comment

Working...
                    X