Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A mockery of the Parris ultimate waiting times!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mockery of the Parris ultimate waiting times!!!

Just come across this rather interesting tweet.

https://twitter.com/MattSelt/status/778622193131515904

So, a pro can order 2 Parris Ultimate cues in September and have them ready to use by Christmas? I'd love to hear what magic wand Mr Parris uses to be able to make cues so quickly, yet people like myself are waiting since September 2012, with no sign of it going into production!

No doubt Judd Trump waited merely weeks for his, and I know that Liang Wenbo placed an order earlier this year and is now using his cue. Its about time someone held him to account for this.

You can make a cue in a week

Comment

Well if people stop going to him then he won't be able to take the P__S
      Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
        Just come across this rather interesting tweet.

https://twitter.com/MattSelt/status/778622193131515904

So, a pro can order 2 Parris Ultimate cues in September and have them ready to use by Christmas? I'd love to hear what magic wand Mr Parris uses to be able to make cues so quickly, yet people like myself are waiting since September 2012, with no sign of it going into production!

No doubt Judd Trump waited merely weeks for his, and I know that Liang Wenbo placed an order earlier this year and is now using his cue. Its about time someone held him to account for this.
        2v1977, alive and well kid! Only 1.5 yrs to go. LOL!

Selt says he pays double; that guy is full of ****e. Doesn't matter what cue he uses, he's ****e. As for the punters, just get yourself a Maximus, a better cue for a third of the dosh. Simple.
        Last edited by Big Splash!; 12 October 2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Anyone not happy with their order from Parris ( or any cue maker that has gone beyond the time they stated for making your cue)and has paid a deposit is entitled to it back ,if paid for by credit card, you just instruct your bank to do a charge back,( I think you have five years for non delivery of goods but I could be wrong) it doesn't matter what they say about it, the credit card company will insist on it, worth looking into it if you want to wash your hands of it all, it only takes a two minute phone call to your bank to find out.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Anyone not happy with their order from Parris ( or any cue maker that has gone beyond the time they stated for making your cue)and has paid a deposit is entitled to it back ,if paid for by credit card, you just instruct your bank to do a charge back,( I think you have five years for non delivery of goods but I could be wrong) it doesn't matter what they say about it, the credit card company will insist on it, worth looking into it if you want to wash your hands of it all, it only takes a two minute phone call to your bank to find out.
            Good post put parris out to satisfy the top 16
            Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

I'm going to wait for my cue simply because I'm going to sell it to make a profit from it. With sterling value still likely to decline further, its going to be very attractive to the Chinese market, it makes sense to buy it to sell it on for a good profit. Reality is I could get near £2000 the way things are going. Not such a bad thing afterall!

Comment

I'm going to wait for my cue simply because I'm going to sell it to make a profit from it. With sterling value still likely to decline further, its going to be very attractive to the Chinese market, it makes sense to buy it to sell it on for a good profit. Reality is I could get near £2000 the way things are going. Not such a bad thing afterall!
                And there's your answer why no one holds him to account. You have answered your own rant with your own behaviour!
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

And think all much intress John parris must make after putting all folks deposits in the bank and seen it add up

Comment

Parris and lots of UK manufacturers will see a big jump in orders given the exchange rate so a lot of foreign players will order JP cues. The downside is JP will face rising costs, as timber becomes even more expensive (it's almost all imported for cue making purposes). But given his fat mark-up, his profits will rise. He won't be able to buy much with them abroad though. LOL

Comment

Originally Posted by Snooker man Stevie View Post
                      Well if people stop going to him then he won't be able to take the P__S
                      And it's that simple! ^^^ :snooker:
                      The consumer will always dictate the market.
                      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                      National Snooker Expo
                      25-27 October 2019
                      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                        And it's that simple! ^^^ :snooker:
                        The consumer will always dictate the market.
                        If there is a lot of choice they can, however snooker cues are a rather niche market. JP has got the top end pretty much his, the rest are feeding off scraps.

With the drop in sterling, I imagine with the publicity of Trump winning last week with his new cue, Ronnie back playing well, these two are going to be massive drivers for the orders to come rolling in from asia especially. I bet JP has seen a 300% increase in orders this last week or so from abroad.

Comment

Humm disagree on that one Cueman, it is not a niche amrket anymore. You h-now have a lot of very good cuemakers not named JP. You can get an excellent cue from Mike Wooldridge, Jason Owen, Andy Travis, Trevor White, Stamford, Maximus, Ton Praram, Niche, GBL, etc. Still a good bunch to chose from in my opinion.

Now on the subject itself, yes, it is really enraging for mortal customers to have to wait 4 years to get your cue done when pros have them made in a couple of weeks. A friend of mine ordered his JPU at least two years ago and is of course still waiting like you. He's fed up so he's looking to order either a Maximus Ultimate or a MW. Better choice as far as I am concerned.
                          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Parris will never change, he's a businessman not a cue maker. You can't expect the pros to wait four years for a cue, and if everyone is being honest, wouldn't they all do the same in his position? The JPU waiting list is packed out with foreign orders and cue flippers. A shame for those players who genuinely want one, but unavoidable nevertheless. In my opinion, what is far worse is the variable build quality. Do you seriously think the pro cues get made by a bunch of lightly trained youngsters like the rest of them, including the JPUs? The Parris badge isn't worth half the premium it commands and the only reason for the demand is widespread pro endorsement. There we are then, back full circle and John laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

Working...
                            X