Side Deflection on Cue Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    So, apart from Ebdon, which other pros use a mushroom tip?
    Stephen Hendry and Baz Hawkins....
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      In the world of pool you are correct. But snooker is a different game, and uses different (or simply wrong according to you) words.
      Yep, that's done it, you've started it now!

Let's just call it throw and keep it simple.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
        Yep, that's done it, you've started it now!

Let's just call it throw and keep it simple.

Then what do you call throw?

(And round and round and round we go)

Comment

In the world of pool you are correct. But snooker is a different game, and uses different (or simply wrong according to you) words.
          Lol.

What?

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
            Lol.

What?
            You are wrong.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              I don't know why but in my head I have these lammy cues being poker stiff, would be interesting to know if they achieve a standard hit across many cues or if they all play different like normal cues.
              Laminated shafts will be very slightly stiffer but it is more about having radial consistency where as regular grained wood flexes differently depending on the orientation. In the case of Snooker cues with a flat that causes players to usually hold the cue in the same orientation it makes little difference. Laminated also has less chance of warping I have built a few 6pc radial laminated maple cues and they do play really nice.
              Last edited by Slasher; 28 October 2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

You are wrong.

What about?

Comment

What about?
                  Sure jonny referring to mushroom tips. Some snooker players actually use an oversize tip to create a mushroom tip. It's nothing to do with it mushrooming over from playing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
                    Laminated shafts will be very slightly stiffer but it is more about having radial consistency where as regular grained wood flexes differently depending on the orientation. In the case of Snooker cues with a flat that causes players to usually hold the cue in the same orientation it makes little difference. Laminated also has less chance of warping I have built a few 6pc radial laminated maple cues and they do play really nice.
                    I don't think snooker cues are radial laminated, I think it's more like layers, so it would look like a liquorice allsort before planed down. It makes sense that radial built cues would play more consistently across a range of them, could you build a radial snooker cue? Are the dimensions big enough at the tip end?
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      I don't think snooker cues are radial laminated, I think it's more like layers, so it would look like a liquorice allsort before planed down. It makes sense that radial built cues would play more consistently across a range of them, could you build a radial snooker cue? Are the dimensions big enough at the tip end?
                      Those are usually referred to as flat lamination and they will definitely flex more in different directions, most have moved to radial (pie shape) lamination and yes you can easily get down to snooker sizes, if the lamination is done right it should be no different.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                        Sure jonny referring to mushroom tips. Some snooker players actually use an oversize tip to create a mushroom tip. It's nothing to do with it mushrooming over from playing.

Then it is an oversized tip, not one that has mushroomed.

Comment

I give up.

Comment

Then it is an oversized tip, not one that has mushroomed.
                            Is there a US technical pool name for this friend?

Comment

Originally Posted by hollywood1976 View Post
                              I have a Paredon Newbury laminated cue which is anti deflection. Not sure I get on with it as I've always play with side and it's hard to get used to it not deflecting off line.
                              I've got one of those so might have a go with it; obviously I missed the bit of the write up about less deflection. It would be interesting to see how the old brain works when the ball just goes straight!
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                                Well done, just checking that you're reading!

Click here

Also, didn't someone say a while back that Mike Wooldridge's blackspin ferrules prevented deflection? I might be wrong but remember something said about it.
                                Liking your website mate; good luck with the biz. Peradon cues and Pioneer chalk though bud, really?! lol
                                Ok, I'll give you the Newbury as it's interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X