Side Deflection on Cue Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    Liking your website mate; good luck with the biz. Peradon cues and Pioneer chalk though bud, really?! lol
    Ok, I'll give you the Newbury as it's interesting.

As I said, the website will be a slow build as I get access to snooker stock and stuff. It'll be driven by what people ask for and what I can get.

I have a few irons in the fire for cues from different places and expecting some samples in the next few weeks to see what they play like.

Unfortunately suppliers have a set of hurdles and rules as to who and what they will supply so it's not just a case of giving craftsman cues a call and they send you what you want, I wish it was that easy.

I have a view of what I would like to turn the website into over time but as I said, I count it as a hobby and test at the moment and if it goes somewhere then fine and I'll still enjoy talking about snooker along the way.

I'm more of a stealth swimmer with things and prefer any successes to just mature if it's meant to be; I never jump straight into anything as we all know that can create a Big Splash!!!
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Haha, quite. Some custom options from Adam, Jim, Travis etc and J6 would be nice. They get exposure and more trade should they wish it? Doesn't have to be them, maybe other cue makers? Just an idea.

Comment

Haha, quite. Some custom options from Adam, Jim, Travis etc and J6 would be nice. They get exposure and more trade should they wish it? Doesn't have to be them, maybe other cue makers? Just an idea.
        Yeah I've already considered that and wouldn't have an issue that's for certain; it's not all about money for me or I'd be doing a different website with more profitable products!

I would have thought the individuals on the forum wouldn't have any issue moving their cues on, if they have then it'll only be about advertising as their cues are great. Happy to give anyone exposure at the moment until I fill the gap myself (I wish!).

Although I have cues and stuff on the website I want to try and get a library of decent information and articles for snooker people.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          Then it is an oversized tip, not one that has mushroomed.
          It's the way it's cut Biggie, it's deliberately tapered out from the ferrule to the edge of the tip to form a kind of V or plant pot shape.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            It's the way it's cut Biggie, it's deliberately tapered out from the ferrule to the edge of the tip to form a kind of V or plant pot shape.
            I'm a bit scared now I've read this; thoughts are going through my mind!

No Splash, don't do it. As a straight up and down kinda tip wall guy, I'm wondering what happens when the tip wears down and the v/plant pot has reduced in size. Does that mean a new tip, even though there's plenty left on there?

The other thing that bothers me is why would pros, and many of them, order cues at say 9.3mm, then have a mushie on top taking the tip size to 10mm or more? Why not just order a cue with a 10mm ferrule and have a roundie tip with straight walls instead? Unless a mushie on smaller ferrule = less throw than a straight walled tip (same size) on a larger ferrule?

Comment

Just like this

Comment

It is a strange one that, must take a while to file it. Not sure if they'd cut that with a blade or not.

Seems a bit intricate for me and still trying to understand what the actual benefits would be? Any thoughts as I don't get it.

Comment

I'm a bit scared now I've read this; thoughts are going through my mind!

No Splash, don't do it. As a straight up and down kinda tip wall guy, I'm wondering what happens when the tip wears down and the v/plant pot has reduced in size. Does that mean a new tip, even though there's plenty left on there?

The other thing that bothers me is why would pros, and many of them, order cues at say 9.3mm, then have a mushie on top taking the tip size to 10mm or more? Why not just order a cue with a 10mm ferrule and have a roundie tip with straight walls instead? Unless a mushie on smaller ferrule = less throw than a straight walled tip (same size) on a larger ferrule?
                  Cues with a 10 mm ferrule will have a chunkier taper to them, a smaller ferrule cue maybe feels better over the bridge ?
                  Last edited by jrc750; 29 October 2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    It is a strange one that, must take a while to file it. Not sure if they'd cut that with a blade or not.

Seems a bit intricate for me and still trying to understand what the actual benefits would be? Any thoughts as I don't get it.
                    Stu at Greenbaize did that for me in minutes, just using a blade

Comment

Side Deflection on Cue Ball

The Proper tip shaper can be set to create this tip shape.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Cues with a 10 mm ferrule will have a chunkier taper to them, a smaller ferrule cue maybe feels better over the bridge ?
                        I guess if the player is used to that taper, the crown tip is the way to go. But I'd say get a cue with a fatter taper. It floats over the bridge better, doesn't dig in as much and get's less sticky and dirty as well. And you won't need to do a crown tip.

Unless a narrower ferrule and mushie leads to less deflection? I ask this as Acuerate basically make smaller ferruled, narrow shafted cues. Does putting an oversized tip on a cue with a bigger ferrule lead to similar results? Or is this about putting a mushie on a cue to get more feel?
                        Last edited by Big Splash!; 29 October 2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          The Proper tip shaper can be set to create this tip shape.
                          Was that then? Not heard of that.

Comment

Stu at Greenbaize did that for me in minutes, just using a blade
                            Did he use a scalpel or struggle with something else?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                              Did he use a scalpel or struggle with something else?
                              Yeah scalpel type blade in his hand, no handle on it

Comment

Yeah scalpel type blade in his hand, no handle on it
                                Sounds like a true surgeon, I'm still trying not to cut myself and get blood in the tip!

Comment

Working...
                                X